Tetrahedrite and chalcopyrite veins no generated in the overworld?

Tetrahedrite and chalcopyrite veins no generated in the overworld?
I searched for them creatively for three hours. But I couldn’t find them in the overworld.
Is this an intended change?

2 Likes

I’ve successfully found them. Tetra is very common.

2 Likes

Is that at 6.14.20?
I know that Tetrahedrite is very common and not rare. That’s why I can’t find it in version 6.14.20, even after hours of searching. Not only me, but others too.
(I know it is crystal in the nether…)
Tetrahedrite veins and pyrite veins have been found many times in past versions. However, I can’t find any of them in 6.14.20, so I asked if they were changed.

2 Likes

StoneLayer.LAYERS.add(new StoneLayer(BlocksGT.Limestone
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.Pyrite                  , U16,  0, 30)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Arsenopyrite    , U16,  0, 20)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Galena          , U8 ,  5, 25)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Galena          , U8 , 80,120)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Wulfenite       , U32, 30, 45)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Powellite       , U32, 35, 50)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Molybdenite     ,U128, 30, 50)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.OREMATS.Tetrahedrite    , U8 , 40, 80)
		, new StoneLayerOres(MT.Cu                      , U16, 40, 80)
		));
1 Like

What does this mean?
U8?

2 Likes

1/8th of a chance for that Block to appear. Saves me a few division operators. XD

40, 80 is the Y Range of the Ore.

1 Like

I understood what the numbers meant.

However, in the actual World, copper was not collected at all.
I was finally able to find one vein of ore after advancing 10000 blocks in creative mode.
Please try to play it for real. I have a really hard time making bronze, so much so that I’m thinking of giving up on making bronze and starting with steel.

3 Likes

Uh if you actually played for real, you would just use all the small Copper and Malachite Ores? There is literally tons of that Stuff for a reason, so you can use it to easily make Bronze early on.

And Tetrahedrite exists just as much as things like Galena Ore. Just because you were insanely unlucky on that front, does not mean the Ore is rare at all.

2 Likes

In some worlds I’ve been hit smack in the face with Galena limestone cliffs for chunks and chunks, other times it’s once in a blue moon, a single galena rock on the ground. This instance I’m surrounded by bang up straight iron deposits, not even hematite, to the point where I believed I had a bug and had somehow wound up in vanilla.
I think it may be just luck of the draw, a percentage encounter mixed with the type of seed you have. Try creating a new world with a different seed and see how you fare.

2 Likes

Last time my issue was finding Tin. Had to search for a few KM to find marble.

2 Likes

Sorry, I noticed that the amount of Malachite and Azurite crushed has been changed and increased.
However, I went out for a picnic again today looking for Tetrahedrite and chalcopyrite veins. I regenerated the config, created a new world and picked up rocks for two hours, but no veins were found. I have not found any copper ore yet. I’m the unluckiest person in the world, so I’ve decided to give up looking for Tetrahedrite. Malachite will be my buddy from now on. Thank you very much for your reply.

2 Likes

Yeah Tetrahedrite isn’t really the primary Copper Source anymore. At least not for early on. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s funny because i’ve yet to play a world where tetrahedrite wasn’t practically under my feet where i started.
And then another one a few chunks away, and another and another…

But cassiterite… DAMN! On this world i’ve found 3 very small (disfigured) veins in a 3x3 km area.

MASSIVE tetra veins though. I’ve always thought they were impossible to MISS.

EDIT: Oh and as for Galena, i’ve had a really hard time finding them when i NEED them (early on) but late game i’ve found at least a dozen.

3 Likes