Support for animal mods

Hi. When playing with gregtech, I realized that I was missing various animals and I started looking for mods with animals. I tried Mo’ Creatures and I didn’t like it, because there are a lot of bugs and somehow it doesn’t fit with the vanilla world. But it has a plus - it is compatible with Gregtech.
Found the WildMobs mod. It’s small, but it’s well implemented. He has no support from Gregtech and I want to ask for it. For example, add deer antlers as loot for glue from deer/elk, hooves from deer and goats, meat support from this mod by machines from Gregtech. I really like Greg’s idea of adding his own kind of meat to each animal, so it would be ideal if Greg added the missing types of meat - cougar, fox, hyena.
It would also be really cool if you looked at Exotic Bird support to add different poultry meat and updated Mo’ Creatures support for those who still play with it.
It’s strange to write this to the author of the largest technical mod, but Gregtech has long ceased to be just a technical mod. This is a global mod that combines a bunch of everything.

6 Likes

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/wild-mobs-mod/files/2727879

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/exotic-birds/files/2526488

You mean those two Mods? I will take a look, and also update some mo creatures stuff I guess.

4 Likes

Yes, the links are correct. It will be very cool if you add support :blush:

3 Likes

I have tried the WildMobs mod and I admit that it is well done. And in Exotic Bird mod there are unsuccessful mobs, such as flamingos and pelicans, as well as the thoughtless appearance of eggs in nests (penguin eggs/ducks on a tall tree, flamingo eggs in the snowy tropics). In my opinion, Greg should consider the Animal Plus mod together with WildMobs. This mod has very successful mobs, but there are problems with loot. If you add loot to these mobs, it will be just perfect.
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/the-animals-plus/files/4477152

3 Likes

Hmm, an interesting mod. Only there is a problem - he does not have a normal configuration file to remove unwanted mobs, for example. And the Exotic Bird mod also doesn’t have a normal configuration file, unfortunately.

3 Likes

I find it kinda funny how google translate translated the difference between design and lack thereof as “successful” and “unsuccessful” XD

But yeah, once I get back to coding I will go through all three Mods, they are already dropped into my Test Pack, so I wont forget. ^^

2 Likes

In fact, I didn’t mean a bad design, but the strangely implemented movement mechanics of some mobs (e.g. flamingos, pelicans) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Have you decided not to add new types of meat?

1 Like

I did not add Meat Types, though I did add some Meat drops for Meat Items that already exist.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the information that you can make a sandwich from this meat (WildMobs) is false, because meat cannot be made into meat bar. Have you not included this meat in the gregtech system?

1 Like

Oh right good point, missed that data XD

But you CAN use it as sandwich ingredient just fine regardless