Support for AM2.5 and Mekanism CE?

I saw that Ars Magica 2 and Mekanism had special support from GregTech 6. Is there any support- or plans to support- Ars Magica 2.5 and/or Mekanism Community Edition? Would the integration work perfectly find straight out of the box as it is? I’m not asking for there to be support, just if there is.

Also, somewhat related questions: How careful should I be, as far as balance goes, with using mods alongside GT6 that lack integration? Is there a good place to find community-made configurations/scripts to have additional mods adjusted and balanced to work well alongside GT6?

4 Likes

My Compat is OreDict based so those two Mods should work just fine I think?

And dont worry about balance, I did the Uno Reverse Card and just made GT6 so OP compared to the other Mods, that I get the balance without having to screw with the other Mods directly. XD

3 Likes

Where can I find that Ars Magica 2.5?
Edit: duck duck go search helped to find something. But still, adding links would be really useful. In case there are multiple different Ars Magicas.

3 Likes

Here’s some scripts. Not sure if they all work, you would probably want to look through them.

3 Likes

I’m apparently not allowed to post links, so I’ll just say that it’s on Modrinth and that it’s the very first result in a Google search for “ars magica 2.5”. It seems like a direct upgrade for the most part and it has better NEI support (requires the GTNH branch of NEI, normal NEI makes it crash).

There’s also a fairly recent AM2 addon on Curseforge called AM2Playground and it’s pretty cool, however it is in beta and very unpolished so I do not recommend using it in any serious gameplay for now.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try to glean through these for what seems useful.

3 Likes

Oops I didnt whitelist modrinth.com , fixed it. ^^

3 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder what ProjectE has to say about that?

Jk, I suppose that’s fair given how much more it takes than the other mods.

3 Likes

Okay yeah EE/ProjectE might be one of the few exceptions to that XD

3 Likes