Suggestion: More Transmission cable

Thanks Google Translate*

Now in GT6, we can transfer many kinds of energy, but KU and HU feel lonely.

I think transfer HU is possible. Like the pipes in a computer’s cooling system, i think you can make a pipe or cable to transfer HU. But we need to transfer it not loss it, so i think insulation should be necessary. But it is clear that rubber cannot do the job. I think asbestos and special plastic is good. The material of cable maybe are copper, silver or even diamonds(yes, google tell me it is good…) But transmission losses should be high, to prevent some people from putting the burning box far away.
*I feel copper’s melt point not a problem, the copper sheets on top of burning boxes can heat the carbon crucible, XD , and we still have diamond

In fact, KU is hard to transfer, but I think a stick is enough. But KU should not be able to travel very far in this way, and it should have to be in a straight line. Maybe there’s a spring in the bar.

5 Likes

To transfer KU over distances you need to use RU, which can be converted 1:1 into KU without Loss. KU is more of a forward backward motion thing so I dont plan to have an actual long rod transfer that directly without turning it into rotations first.

As for HU, Steam or Coolant are supposed to be the main way to transfer that. While I agree that Metals can conduct heat, you shouldn’t forget that every block is a whole Meter worth of Distance and heat does not easily go that far through Metals.

5 Likes

@YangYe, you’ll probably want to look into the rotation engine for converting RU to KU.

5 Likes

emm, yes, use stick to transfer KU is a bad idea :stuck_out_tongue: perhaps KU would be better suited to created and use at the same time than to transport it over long distances.

maybe transfer SU instead HU and convert SU to HU is better, but losses are indeed not negligible.

I think, do you create direct transmission only for energy that is suitable for transmission?

In fact, if we can get enough EU, we don’t seem to need these things

5 Likes

In fact, you can add an item, heat pipe ,as a middleware. It has already existed in your computer.:wink:

u_2474036126_2850490353%26fm_26%26gp_0

5 Likes

You know Computers aren’t over 1 meter in size right?

5 Likes

Yeah, it could be an item, not a block ,means that they don’t have toooooo much volume.Just in your crafting table. Using them as a part of machine.Your computer is also a kind of machine.:wink: Though it is very advanced.

5 Likes

I gave this example, but it’s use to loss heat. I’m trying to describe one cable to transfer HU.
Maybe can be twisted burning box are more plausible than this, and maybe I haven’t really seen wires carrying heat over long distances in real life. Heat is a kind of energy of chaos(Quantum mechanics says so)

5 Likes

One wouldn’t normally transport heat energy as it’s difficult to contain, the best example would be a thermos which is designed to lose energy very slowly. All things produce heat with work, that’s those pesky laws of thermodynamics in action, so transporting heat would be a somewhat counter productive method of transporting energy.

Salt storage is probably the best method of storing heat energy, the molten salt holds heat for quite some time, technically you could transport those like giant thermos batteries. It’s probably better however to convert it into something else, transport it and then reconvert it using something like axles or electricity.

5 Likes

yes, the best way to transfer heat is transfer another kind of energy or transfer something with heat in it.

use vacuum cup let me remember a way to transfer rotary energy, feed mouse here and let it work in bioenergy turbine there. LMAO

5 Likes

KU Transmission is impossible? I think, Hydraulics pumps may can transfer KU.

(Bad english, sorry)

3 Likes

I don’t say it’s impossible, but I think Hydraulic pumps more like a kinetic energy production tools. Use it to transfer KU, haha. I want to feed mouse and let it work in biology turbine there.

3 Likes