Suggestion for Machine Processing

Hovering your mouse over the cute little Gregtech symbol on machines when you’re in their GUI should tell you what they’re actively working on. For example, if my Crusher is munching and crunching on some copper ore, then hovering over the symbol should put up some text like “Limestone Copper Ore”. Just a small quality of life suggestion.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

6 Likes

Best I can do is this.

2 Likes

Good Idea, but what should it say if there is a Recipe with 2 Inputs and 2 Outputs? The Recipes do not have actual Names themselves, and in fact they are not even saved in the Machines Data, the Machine only knows the Items that it should output and the amount of total Power required to let that Output come out.

2 Likes

Maybe is it possible to add some “Display Cover” which you can connect directly or with some wires and display there what is processing now (even if it’s two or more outputs). It’s more authentic.

2 Likes

Covers cannot do TESR so any sort of Item rendering is impossible with those.

1 Like

Could be a WAILA thing, or perhaps just text next to the crosshair like in that screenshot but less gigantic so multiple output names fit. Some NTM machines do that since I stopped slapping GUIs on absolutely everything even if they didn’t need it.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Covers cannot but separate block can. f.e. create “The Best Screen GregBlog”. Connect it with wires and setup with pliers (or smt like that). Why not? Make office with screens where we can see all factories processes while you drink a cup of coffee :wink:

Added: Also it could be multiblock screen. Wow. 4k screen with factory data

2 Likes

you could just as easily use Energy Control for that, though…

3 Likes