[SUGGESTION] Add more soil types

See this site so you know what I mean: USDA soil taxonomy - Wikipedia
It’d be cool if GT6 were to add more soil types (or replace vanilla dirt entirely) and ways to process these. For instance, Andisol, soils formed in volcanic ash and defined as soils containing high proportions of glass (and amorphous colloidal materials, such as allophane, imogolite and ferrihydrite), would get you volcanic ash, some glass dust (and maybe one of these colloidal materials) when sifted/centrifuged, etc.
I just thought that this would complement GT6’s worldgen quite well and the idea of processing certain soil types in order to obtain certain materials just seems interesting to me.

7 Likes

I know for fact there is already Biome Mods adding such Soils and that GT6 supports those soils. :wink:

It should be listed on the Compatible Mods Page, I think it was Biomes o Plenty.

5 Likes

TerraFirmaCraft-like soil is cooooool!Maybe it does not good to texture stuff and mod interactions(bop and tfc). I can imagine suffering from distinguishing types of soil if it came true.

5 Likes

You’re referring to stuff like Enhanced Biomes, right? Well, while it does add said soils, you can’t process them at all. All GT6 allows you to do is sift them and the output is the same for every single soil-type: dirt and a couple of seeds. Doesn’t matter whether the soil is mainly made out of volcanic ash and glass (Andisol), whether it’s made out of peat and muck (Histosol), or are rich in iron and aluminum oxides (Oxisol).

5 Likes

Well I can fix THAT. I didnt know that those Soil Types were actually real. XD

5 Likes

amazing­­­­­­­­­­

4 Likes

Enhanced Biomes Soil Types now have more individualized Sifting Recipes. ^^

5 Likes