Some stuff to gregtech

1.Valve pipes. Just like normal fluid pipes, but can be turned on and off with redstone signals.
2.Electical breaker wires. Just like electric wires for different voltage tiers, with ability to turn on and off with redstone.
3.Electric lamps and lamp sockets. You place a lamp socket(block), then put a lamp(item) and supply this with EU. This lights a bigger area than a torch and looks more hitech-styled. Lamps can have limited life(like real ones). Life depends on the technology of the lamp (LED, economic, incandescent with tungsten wire or carbon one).

3 Likes
  1. Use the Shutter Cover, it does exactly that.
  2. Use the Shutter Cover, it does exactly that.
  3. Yeah I should add the Lamp Block back, until then, use a Lumium Wire and put a Cover of your choice on it to make it look like a Lamp, or put C-Foam on the Wire to hide the Light Source.
2 Likes

I like that lamp holder idea with consumable parts. What about fuse wire? works like normal wire but stops fire spreading in the event of an overload. There would be different tiers too I would imagine.

If we work with the socket idea you could have a fuse box that runs in-line with wire but takes consumable fuses.

Disregard this if there is already an alternative, I haven’t really played with electricity systems since IC2

2 Likes

Yeah the Fusewire could easily be a lower amped wire used to make sure it wont overload. Thing is, it doesnt really make any gameplay sense to have Fuses, since the Battery Boxes can control their Output.

2 Likes

Electric lights may indeed be a useful thing. If natural gas worldgen is added later, because the torch will ignite natural gas and cause a fire, a safer light source is needed. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s one of the Enviromine features to recommend. Too bad other parts of that mod are broken and dead in this edition.

3 Likes

Glen’s Gasses does that, if you want to add fear and death to your mining experience. :grin:
I took it out a while ago but I can’t remember why, possibly tick issues.

2 Likes

I think it’s necessary to have a electric breaker that can automatically trip when the voltage is unstable to prevent the cable from burning out…

2 Likes

Thing is, the Voltage is only unstable if you screw up, the Voltage is usually constant and doesn’t fluctuate. making a Circuit Breaker irrelevant.

1 Like

Sometimes I notice that boiler’s pressure has increased. Happens very rarely after login. If boiler’s pressure is high enough, it will output more steam for a while. That steam goes into turbine, turbine rotates dynamo… instability is possible.

2 Likes

Hrrm, that is an interesting problem, I wonder how the fuck that can even happen, since Chunk Borders aren’t a thing then.

1 Like

I use somnia, a sleep mod that lets you sleep in real time but increases the speed of the game when everyone is sleeping. Normally boilers on ill-fitting burner boxes are fine but over accelerated time they gradually reach critical pressure. Could it be that the pressure builds at a miniscule rate?

2 Likes

For note, looks like Greg just fixed this ^.^
https://git.gregtech.overminddl1.com/GregTech-6/GT6/compare/1d67674556639920c0008262189e75164a5ac015...325359280ca005e20a66bf89ee2dbb2c572d6c55

2 Likes

No that didn’t get fixed by my Bugfix, if it increases the Pressure inside the Boiler while that Sleeping acceleration happens, then the Somnia Mod might not tick very well, resulting in Pipes not being ticked at all while you sleep.

What I did fix is the First Tick on Chunkload that got skipped, resulting in a very minimal increase in pressure whenever the Chunk gets unloaded and loaded again.

2 Likes

I daresay this is the case as my build is not the most stable of things. My steam is orange in color, I’m positive that isn’t meant to happen. :joy:

2 Likes