Some questions about development

I noticed that Gregtech was shortly supporting higher verision of minecraft like 1.10.2.Why did the team stop to develop on the higher version of minecraft and stop in 1.7.10?

1 Like

I never actually started developing for 1.10.2 so I have no idea what you are talking about?

Maybe you are referring to some of the other GregTech Ports which do exist for that Version?

Edit: also developing mods for those newer versions became hell thanks to mojang and forge

1 Like

sorry I didnt notice that it was the unofficial version on 1.10.2.I’m actually making a video of Gregtech’s history so can you tell me some details about what was the problems of mojang and forge that made you cant develop on newer version?

2 Likes

the new “capability system” was completely broken and absurdley laggy for one, and Model Rendering was changed to something that could not be changed on the fly at all.

2 Likes

another thing i want to ask. What’s your initial purpose creating Gregtech and have you thought that it will ultimately independent from IC2 and become such a large mod at first time?

2 Likes

lol i only made the mod for fun, that is all.

5 Likes

So,as I said i’m making a video about Gregtech’s history .do you have anything interesting and can be shared to us while developing Gregtech?

2 Likes

I am not that exciting of a person, and I dont think anything memorable pops up when I am thinking about development, so I guess my answer would be “no i dont have” in that case?

1 Like

maybe add the tinkers drama which happened long ago, always a good laugh from that

1 Like

I think a brief comparison between GT versions might be interesting (like what you added/changed between GTs). I am especially interested in what you added/changed in GT5 (or what you originally intended for GT5), which is the base for almost every new unofficial GT forks or ports.

can you give me some details

Regian got a video on it, but maybe greg could add some more details if needed