Some early-game confusions

There are really something bothering me in the early game…

No Tin

I’ve been exploring all day long for Tin ore veins but there’s no trace of any cassiterite or kesterite, I even need to cheat to get some tin.To be frank, it is very frustrating when you searched for a long time and got nothing at all.

Too Many Stone Dust

When processing sluice juice using the centrifuge, I have to deal with tons of stone dusts. I wonder if there’s any tricks to filter them out and dispose them to a garbage bin?

Annealed Copper

when I look into NEI for Annealed Copper’s recipe,I found the threshold temp is 2800K and I have blown up two metorite steel crucibles for making it.
I also checked out the smelter method, but the recipe for a smelter requires a tungsten crucible.

Coke Oven

making a coke oven requires clay dust, but I don’t know how to make clay into dust form. I’ve tried using a bronze crusher but there’s no response.

3 Likes

Weird why do people never seem to find tin, I always find tons of it… And people always specifically mention Tin being an Issue even though there is 3 Ores (you didnt mention Stannite) that give it. I need to change something about it…

Stone Dust can be turned into Gravel with a 9 to 1 Crafting Grid Recipe or with an Item Barrel.

Do you need Annealed Copper for something specific? It is technically a later game Metal.

Mortar makes Clay Dust from Clay Balls, very sure about that one.

2 Likes

oh,my bad.
I just thought making brass needs annealed copper since it is the first page of NEI’s recipes.

2 Likes

Nah, you can just take copper and zinc NUGGETS and put em in a mixing bowl and then even use the FURNACE to smelt Brass.

2 Likes

thanks very much

2 Likes

GT6 Basic Earlygame Stuff you should read this too, it would’ve answered your question, and probably has more information you didn’t know

4 Likes

they can’t find it no matter what mod is this, lol
also, maybe you add book wwith basic earlygame stuff when player creates world? just copypaste article, lol.

2 Likes

i even found a gt dungeon but no tin. actually the problem is common ores become rare and there’s nothing to do with what mod is this
by the way adding a book might be a good idea

2 Likes

dungeon usually contains bronze, but tin is not too rare for me, lol. surface and mountain marble is your friend

3 Likes

Weird why do people never seem to find tin, I always find tons of it… And people always specifically mention Tin being an Issue even though there is 3 Ores (you didnt mention Stannite) that give it. I need to change something about it…

1 Like