Some boring tips about chemistry

I have found that magnesite cannot be melted into magnesium carbonate, which should be a problem, and that carbon trioxide should be mistaken for a compound (CO3) instead of an acid radical’s bug.

The ferric chloride obtained from the processing of ilmenite is a troublesome thing. It needs 56EU/t for electrolysis, and because the output of the battery box is usually 32EU/128EU etc, it is difficult to use a large electrolyzer due to overclocking. To deal with it under the circumstances, therefore, I have the following ideas:

ferric chloride can be dissolved in water vapor as ferric hydroxide and hydrochloric acid.ferric hydroxide can be smelted or dried into hematite
FeCl3+3H2O====Fe(OH)3+3HCl

Ferric chloride can be reduced by iron to ferrous chloride
2FeCl3+Fe====3FeCl2

Ferric chloride can react with sulfur dioxide and water to produce ferrous chloride, sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid
2FeCl3+SO2+2H2O====2FeCl2+H2SO4+2HCl

In addition, when ferric chloride melts, it should not lose one chlorine and become 3/4 ferrous chloride.

You can add some replacement and metathesis reaction formulas, such as the reaction of magnesium/aluminum/zinc with hydrochloric acid to produce hydrogen, the reaction of hydrochloric acid and calcium carbonate/magnesium carbonate to produce carbon dioxide (both reactions will be learned in middle school), or metal replacement ( Iron replaces copper sulfate, zinc replaces ferrous chloride, sodium replaces magnesium chloride, some have been added, such as sodium replaces magnesium carbonate, aluminum is not added due to the balance of the game)

Hydrochloric acid bathing hematite/limonite to byproduct ferric chloride.

wines can distill the alcohol

Carbon dioxide can be frozen into dry ice

2 Likes

Oh shit I did not notice that both have the exact same composition, yeah that is gonna be fixed.

Why is that troublesome? Pretty sure that the large Multiblocks can take multiple Amps too.

That Recipe already exists. But only as Mod Compat with Rotarycraft.

1 Like

Okay so I did basically everything with Iron and Hydrochloric Acid that you suggested, but I do not properly understand this part, could you elaborate please?

Also any better way to make use of the resulting tons of FeCl2 other than Electrolysis?

1 Like

Do the magnesium adjustments also changes the sluice byproducts? Some sluiced ores give magnesium metal ore as byproduct, like chromite ore for example.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I talked about Magnesite not Magnesium. :wink:

Though I might be able to change some byproducts if needed.

2 Likes

It may be a problem with the translation software… I mean, if you use a single block electrolyzer, then the voltage of 56EU is difficult to get… If you use a higher-level electrolyzer, then the overclocking voltage requirement will be multiplied by four , Becomes 224EU, 896EU, etc. Using a large electrolyzer can avoid this problem. After all, a large electrolyzer will not increase the minimum voltage due to overclocking, but I haven’t made it yet…

Unlike ferric chloride, ferrous chloride has little use in industry. In reality, ferrous chloride can be used in some organic synthesis and wastewater treatment (obviously, it is not used at all in GT6), but there is no Large-scale industrial use like ferric chloride (ferric chloride can be used for etching, but GT circuit boards are not like this…), plus electrolytic molten ferrous chloride only requires 42EU, and the output of the LV dynamo is 44EU, it’s easy to reach, so it doesn’t need much use…

2 Likes

You know the Electrolyzer can get 2 Amps of 32 EU to make 64 EU/t right? Literally just have two Batteries in the Batbox under the Electrolyzer, or use a higher Voltage in combination with a Transformer. :wink:

Overclocking only happens when you use a higher Tier Machine than the Recipe is. :wink:

As for electrolyzing FeCl2, is that actually a good way to use that Stuff? Like for recovering Iron from it? Because that is what irks me about this, is that I did not find anything proper about the process of turning FeCl2 back into Fe and Cl2.

1 Like

In fact, most of the GT’s electrolytic recipes are impracticable in reality. This is for the balance of the game, so don’t worry too much.

very “Ironically”, ferrous chloride’s greatest use in industry is in making ferric chloride…

4 Likes