Solar Plant Scheme

I made a scheme of a solar farm unit. It shall produce 256 EU/t (HV or MV), but I haven’t tested it yet. Could it be more efficient? Legend:

• Blue for a solar panel
  • Green for a transformer (the darker the higher voltage)
  • Red for a cable (the darker the higher amperage)

Under four ULV-LV transformers should be cables that loose 2 EU/t, so the overall voltage that goes in LV-MV transformer that is right beneath the mid ULV-LV one is exactly 256 EU/t. The overall loss is 32 EU/t. And the MV-HV transformer beneath LV-MV one in the middle.

Here is a more plain scheme.

I thought of making a unit with additional panels on top of each ULV-LV transformer, but it’s much clunkier. This one shall yield 330 EU/t.

Do anyone uses solar farms at all :thinking:

Also, why are there no windmills in GT6? That’s sad.

4 Likes

Do transformers explode when exposed to rain?

3 Likes

yeah you might need to put a block over the transformer, also you could probably be more efficient if you take into account that ontop of the transformer itself is a free space, and then only have 3 horizontally adjacent solar panels, and rearrange the whole setup to accommodate for that.

3 Likes

Really impressed. Do you factorio? =]

We brought up windmills before.

2 Likes

I was playing it long ago, in 2017 or so :pirate_flag: The game was fun. I recalled it after playing GT6 and even had a thought to buy it, but in the time devs deliberately set a price of 10 000 rubles, which was like 150-200$, even though they lowered it to 1 000₽ (with the initial price was like 500₽). That’s much less than 30$, but I don’t like the fact that devs make me want to feel collective guilt for things I haven’t done and do not support (that’s a nice way to say I have no money to buy the game, lol).

2 Likes

That’s a clever idea.

This one shall produce 422 EU/t. Maybe the cables and transformers can be placed more efficient.

2 Likes

I just checked, that was very likely an accident, they just added one too many zeroes to the price, because that insane price instantly got fixed once someone on reddit noticed it. If they wanted to make that a political statement with the price, I’m pretty sure they would have announced that and also kept the expensive price. As for why they probably changed prices in the first place? A lot of currencies lost a lot in value, so they probably went through all of them and then typo-ed.

People would have assassinated him already if it wasn’t so damn obvious that he has a standing order that in the event of his death Nukes should be launched…

2 Likes

Nukes? He’s only pretending, but no one believes in his threats anymore. There have to be more than one order to launch nukes.

And I’m not sure if it’s possible at all to use the nuke complex to attack in the first place. It was designed to be used as a weapon of vengeance, in case nukes were launched and targeted the country, it would just annihilate everything. There is a system designed in the soviet era for that purpose that guarantees the nuclear response. But I really don’t believe it can be (physically) launched if there is no launch registered from other countries. It would be such a flaw in the system if it could be used for attack purposes.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a famous incident where it almost misfired because of a Bird or Plane setting it off? (might have been an unrelated incident, but it could’ve started a war)

Also Nukes do require constant maintenance, so they could either have changed the System, or what is equally likely, just let the Nukes rot and use them as a deterrent despite lack of function. The Nukes on their Submarines however are very likely still working.

And his threats about firing Nukes are indeed all fake, he seems to be the kindof guy who waits until the very last possible moment to actually use the Nukes.

1 Like

Yes, because it was registered as nuclear launch. I meant just that. I didn’t say it has to be a real launch :slight_smile:

I doubt it.

I don’t think they left it like this. Unlike the other military inventory (vehicles, weapons and other stuff) that’s either stolen or rusted to no use. But you can’t steal a nuclear warhead and sell it as you could do so with an old AKM or AK-74. You can’t let it “rot” too, because it could lead to undefined consequences.

2 Likes

With letting it rot I meant letting the warhead itself just sit there, while still maintaining the Rocket itself. Warheads need to be refreshed with new weaponized nuclear Material every now and then (still dangerous stuff but it might malfunction if not maintained), and THAT is what is probably being skipped in this particular hypothetical case. Ofcourse it wont be left to rot in the sense of “people get to steal shit”. XD

2 Likes

Or like this. With solar panels on top of each ULV-LV transformer. This one produces exactly 512 EU/t.

3 Likes

I presume you placed 5 Solars around some of the Transformers? Did you try this ingame to make sure the Power is exactly what you want it to be?

1 Like

I didn’t tried it yet, just made a scheme. I’m sure it’s going to produce exactly 512 EU/t.

2 Likes

Mounting the thing…

Now it’s time to make transformers and cables. I didn’t expect that it will take so much resources, especially tin, which I don’t have in plenty. And If the whole plant will somehow blow up because of rain—I swear I’ll delete this world.

3 Likes

Here will be a transformer, it will be open to air on the right. I will cover it with c-foam panel. Will it blow up in case of rain?

4 Likes

A C-Foam Cover should be considered Opaque so yes it will protect.

3 Likes

I’m exhausted by this. I’ll decorate the plant later. For now, green energy go brrr.

5 Likes

Looks awesome! 1234567890123456.

3 Likes

only need 16 chars…

2 Likes