Smelter help in mixing alloys

So I am curious if there is a way to make alloys once you start making smelters. do you transport the liquids to a crucible? Or can you combine allows in a mixer while the metal is in liquid form?

3 Likes

SOME alloys allow the Mixer so it might be worth a try. :wink:

NEI might help as always.

2 Likes

I have a question: when use the mixer to alloying, the molten alloy derived from the mold/basin cooling too slowly, resulting in the mixer’s fluid output slot will eventually be filled by the molten alloy and the mixer can not run, what can make the metal cooling fast? Maybe you should add something that automatically cools molten metals…

3 Likes

tried putting a pipe with multiple molds on it or so inbetween? With the Pipes ending in a Drum that in turn ends in a final Mold, so you can use multiple Molds at the same time?

2 Likes

Oh, that’s the way, but it takes up a lot of space. I mean, it looks backward. Maybe it’s more automated, like GT5 fluid solidifier, like… Put a mold in the freezer and then import molten metal for rapid cooling?

3 Likes

Use a electric cooler, it may help.

3 Likes

Yep I remember a way to cool molds was added:

[ADDED] Molds and Crucibles now accept Cryo-Units (CU) to cool down faster. Why you would do that on a Crucible, I dont know, but for Molds and Basins this is great.

3 Likes