Rubber trees over snow layers

In snowy biomes, the rubber trees are often generated over the snow layers where the snow layers should be on the rubber tree leaves. I thought it might be a gt problem because rubber trees are generated by gt, but if it is caused by other mods, please ignore this topic. Thank you.
gt version: 6.14.00
mc version: 1.7.10
other mods than gt and forge: Applied Energistics 2, CodeChicken Core, Not Enough Items, FastCraft, Applied Energistics 2, Inventory Tweaks, Pam’s HarvestCraft, Rei’s Minimap, Waila, Waila Harvestability

2 Likes

Wait you mean that the Tree floats above the Snow on the ground? Yeah that would be my Bug. I am gonna fix this in that case.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Exactly, most of the rubber trees float above the snow layers in the snowy Taiga and Tundra biomes. In addition I found some coconut trees floating above water on the beach and the riverside.

2 Likes

Quick question, is the Resin Hole of the Rubber Tree ever at the bottom most Log? This is important to know. I want to know if the Snow Layer cuts off the bottom Log or if the Tree gets generated one block off.

1 Like

Yes, most of the floating rubber trees have their resin holes at the bottommost logs.

2 Likes

Darn, that means something in vanilla must be overriding my Logs.

1 Like

I might have fixed it.

:gregory: This Version should be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

1 Like

Thank you for the snapshot. I tested it in the same set of mods and the same seed value (-7370463480050662836.) It seems that rubber tree generation in the snowy biomes is disabled. Is it working properly? Or, is it still affected by vanilla generation or something like that?

2 Likes

Wait What? The Trees SHOULD generate… Whats wrong this time… lemme check.

Edit: No I didnt change anything else on the Tree Generation Code. Are you sure the Tree just happened to not generate at the same Location?

1 Like

Yes, I checked that with the same seed to compare, and at least I could see, rubber trees did not generate at the same locations as gt 6.14.00. I also confirmed that rubber trees properly generated in warm (not snowy) biomes.

2 Likes

I think I found the Issue. Please wait until the next Snapshot compiled. The Link is the same as above. Should be ready in 5 minutes or so.

Edit: Its ready. ^^

1 Like

Seems that all problems have been fixed. The rubber trees generated properly, though the locations changed. Well, it is not a problem at all.
Thank you very much for your rapid support!

2 Likes