Rubber Polymerization

Until now, the only way to obtain rubber in GT6 is through resin/sap bags, but this cannot be automated. If you want to obtain a large amount of rubber to make insulated cables, you need to plant a large rubber forest, and you have to take out the viscous resin from time to time to prevent it from being filled. This method obviously does not conform to the lategame, so the process of chemical synthesis of rubber is very necessary.

The process of polymerization of isoprene itself is similar to that of polymerization of ethylene / propylene. They also use similar catalysts. However, after rubber polymerization, it will still maintain the latex state and still need a coagulator to solidify (making the large coagulator really meaningful). Now the main problem is how to produce monomer isoprene.

At present, there are several methods to produce isoprene in reality:

1. Fractionation of cracked products. Now a major source of isoprene is the by-product of steam cracking naphtha to prepare ethylene. First, C5 fraction is distilled from the cracked products. Most of C5 fraction (about 15-20%) is isoprene, but this method is obviously not suitable for the game, because a pile of fuel oil is directly distilled from gt6 oil without naphtha…

2. Propylene dimerization method: this method is divided into three steps. In the first step, propylene dimerizes into 2-methyl-1-pentene under the catalysis of tripropyl aluminum. 2-methyl-1-pentene forms 2-methyl-2-pentene with the catalyst (I can’t find the composition of the catalyst) at high temperature, and the latter demethylates to form isoprene, which is used in gt5u (two units of propylene synthesize one unit of isoprene and methane in a chemical reactor with programmed circuit=2) In addition, another method in GT5U: direct synthesis of isoprene from ethylene and propylene. I haven’t found relevant papers, but their processes may be similar. How to simulate this process in the game is also a problem. You can’t directly stir ethylene + propylene into isoprene in a mixer, at least add some catalyst or something…

3. Isopentane / isopentene dehydrogenation method: as the name suggests, this method is to dehydrogenate isopentane / isopentene to isoprene under high temperature catalysis. This method has many side reactions and is not suitable for the game (obviously, isopentane / isopentene or similar things cannot be obtained in the game)

4. Isobutene-formaldehyde method: it is divided into two steps method and one step method. In the two steps method, isobutene and formaldehyde undergo Prins reaction under acidic catalyst to produce 4,4-dimethyl-1,3-dioxane (DMD), and then DMD is cracked to produce isoprene. In one step method, isobutene and formaldehyde are directly reacted to isoprene at 200-300°C in the gas phase and catalyst (I also did not find the catalyst component). These two methods are also not suitable in the game…

5. Acetylene-acetone method: under pressure, acetone and acetylene react in solvent liquid ammonia to produce 2-methyl-3-butyne-2-alcohol, then hydrogenation to produce 2-methyl-3-butene-2-alcohol, and finally dehydrate with aluminum oxide to prepare isoprene.

3 Likes

You know, putting a Slime onto a Drain will produce liquid Slime, which in turn can be made into Latex and Glue?

2 Likes

Bees can be automated. They can produce lots of resin for you when you find the right genome.
We are drowning in latex and we have enough rubber to last a global orgy for decades.

3 Likes

Well, to tell you the truth, my father’s idea about chemical industry is because he recently studied the investment in China’s private petrochemical industry and listened to some industry analysis data all day (such as how oil price affects whether enterprises take the carbon product oil route or the hydrotreating route, the downstream products of aromatic hydrocarbon route and olefin route, and how different products affect the company’s valuation and industry development, etc.) As a result, I became interested in these aspects. I thought that since the basic mechanism of minecraft game made daily chemical industry meaningless and the purpose of all science and technology was to impact the peak technology, the best development in petrochemical industry under the current situation was rubber. In addition, gt6u added polymerized rubber, so I had this idea

3 Likes

I mean it would make sense to be able to produce synthetic rubbers, a lot of real life rubber is synthetic these days. I think styrene butadiene is the most common synthetic rubber, branded as neolite.

2 Likes

Actually, if you just put a drain under a slime, you can automate the process of gathering slime and centrifuging it into latex+glue. You can even use the glue in a liquid burning box to power the centrifuge, it’s nearly net energy loss.

2 Likes

It seems that obtaining industrial raw materials through monsters should not be a mod approach with the theme of industry. I still hope to “industrialized” production mode.

2 Likes

Using slime is another kind of bio-tech.
:laughing:

2 Likes

but it’s the best way! :grin:

2 Likes

Poor Slime Girl. But its the gross sticky kind, not the squishy bouncy kind, so it is okay. XD

2 Likes

My base gets unlimited “Free” redstone, glowstone, and healing potions from mob grinding witches. I have my base in a mystic forest biome, witches are more common than zombies. They come to my moat, fall in, and get washed to the mob grinder.

Monsters can certainly be an industrial input.

2 Likes