Railcraft GTNH causes a crash during loading

@Gregorius, If I understand correctly, you are involved in the development of Railcraft GTNH, which is why I am writing this here.

Minecraft crashes on loading if only Railcraft GTNH is installed.

Minecraft loads without problems if Thaumcraft or Twilight Forest (not a GTNH fork) is also installed.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Would you like a cupcake?

Time: 28.07.23 13:05
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mods/railcraft/common/carts/EntityLocomotiveSteamMagic
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:559)
	at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mods/railcraft/common/carts/EntityLocomotiveSteamMagic
	at mods.railcraft.common.carts.EnumCart.<clinit>(EnumCart.java:48)
	at mods.railcraft.common.modules.ModuleCore.initFirst(ModuleCore.java:216)
	at mods.railcraft.common.modules.ModuleManager.initFirst(ModuleManager.java:255)
	at mods.railcraft.common.modules.ModuleManager.preInit(ModuleManager.java:176)
	at mods.railcraft.common.core.Railcraft.preInit(Railcraft.java:214)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
	... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mods.railcraft.common.carts.EntityLocomotiveSteamMagic
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 42 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: thaumcraft/api/aspects/IAspectContainer
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:760)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
	... 44 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: thaumcraft.api.aspects.IAspectContainer
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 48 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
	... 50 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
	Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
	Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 1386317560 bytes (1322 MB) / 2416443392 bytes (2304 MB) up to 2863661056 bytes (2731 MB)
	JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms2048M -Xmx3072M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xss2M
	AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1614 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active
	States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
	UCH	mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
	UCH	FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10.jar) 
	UCH	Forge{10.13.4.1614} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10.jar) 
	UCE	Railcraft{9.14.8} [Railcraft] (Railcraft-9.14.8.jar) 
	GL info: ' Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation' Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 474.11' Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 740/PCIe/SSE2'
2 Likes

Weird, how do you even develop a mod without ever using it by itself?

2 Likes

Yeah gee I wonder where the Thaumcraft API files came from when I tested Stuff in my default pack…

Anyways, I will work on it today, dont worry. ^^

3 Likes

Looking at the the NH fork of railcraft it seems (unsurprisingly) that most of the changes are GTNH related. Who really needs 4 higher tiers of multiblock tanks when GT6 disables those by default and it adds its own? Does it actually have that one hyper-specific fix that covertjaguar pushed (but did not publish) that would fix the crash with GT6 fluids going into RC tanks (or anyway, that one crash related to multiblock tanks, forget specifically what it was about)?
Scrolling through the releases page for hints about what was pushed yields few hints here and there, is it worth to actually use over the original version?

2 Likes

The GTNH fork of Railcraft removed all the other mods API files, which is the only reason why I needed that one. There was classloader Issues I got from Railcraft due to it containing API files in the jar. I eventually found the culprit in my own code and fixed it, but I was not sure if that REALLY fixed the crash, so the warning is still there.

And those disabled tanks are GT5U specific, so they basically don’t exist with GT6.

You can still try to use the old version of Railcraft, and it will probably work, hopefully.

Anyways creating more than one pull request for one project is a major pain in the ass on github, I dont think that I will do anything else after this Thaumcraft related fix I already PR-ed and is somewhat awaiting merging.

4 Likes

The issue has been fixed in the latest release of Railcraft GTNH.

3 Likes

That is, the Railcraft GTNH bug has not been fixed with Railcraft tanks? By the way, the generation of saltpeter ore and sulfur ore is not disabled in your configuration file. Why?) There is a replacement in the form of your ores. Is the same situation with the quarried stone and the abyssal stone? Quarried stone - marble, abyssal stone - basalt

2 Likes

The Ores are unique enough that I let them stay. I only get rid of the “basic vanilla garbage blob injection” that causes an Ore Rainbow underground.

2 Likes

OK, thanks) Maybe I didn’t understand your answer in this topic because of the peculiarities of the translation, but I’ll try to ask the question again. In Railcraft GTNH, is there a bug with GT liquids in Railcraft tankers? Or is it already fixed? By the way, what is the advantage of the updated version of Railcraft? Or are there none if IndustrialCraft2 is installed?

2 Likes

The Items thing should be fixed in there.

And the advantage is that it breaks less, but for now it might still break due to a mistake i made in a PR, which I still need to fix.

2 Likes