Radiation does not affect mobs

I was experimenting with nuclear reactors in creative mode and noticed that mobs near the reactor were given a visual effect, probably related to radiation. But I don’t see the radiation having any effect on them other than visually. What is radiation supposed to do with mobs?

Also, radiation does not apply to some mobs. At least radiation doesn’t apply to Zombies and Spiders. I guess about Zombies, they are already dead, but why Spiders?

3 Likes

Oh shit, that is a Bug, Mobs dont have a Radiation Tracker so adding to their nonexistent Tracker will ofcourse not do shit to them. And all the Effects they DO get dont influence Health at all…

3 Likes

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

5 Likes

Tested. Now mobs die from radiation.

If I understand correctly, some mobs are intentionally immune to radiation.

I also noticed that if the Creeper is exposed to short-term radiation, then the effect ends before it has time to kill him. If I understand correctly, radiation applied to mobs has a timer.

4 Likes

I smell a new mob grinder coming on!

6 Likes

It literally is the Wither Potion Effect, that is it. It WOULD be the IC2 Radiation Effect, if IC2 was installed that is, Wither is just a fallback. :wink:

7 Likes