Prospector's Journal

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Interesting, did that person have IE installed? Maybe prospector’s journal requires IE to be installed from the looks of it?

3 Likes

they do

UCHIJAAAA   ImmersiveEngineering{0.7.7} [Immersive Engineering] (ImmersiveEngineering-0.7.7.jar)

4 Likes

Hello!
I don’t know if the mod is abandoned, but just in case I’ll leave a crash report:
https://pastebin.com/6k24GP4E

The error occurs on the server: Thermos v.58
Versions from 0.8.6 to 0.7.3 have been tested.
The error is the same.

3 Likes

Just making sure, is this Mod Clientside Only? This might be the Issue you are having on the Server, since this might be like Jouneymap or Optifine. :wink:

3 Likes

Nope, Failure to use proxies to properly separate the sided content.
I haven’t touched this in three months (due mostly to surprise hiring); abandoned would be a fair description. No guarantees that I won’t suddenly come back and fix it this summer or winter though.

3 Likes

Would it still work if its purely Clientside though?

2 Likes

Recall conversation of how the rock drops are stored in the tile entity [last April]? It may be theoretically possible to detect the put sample rock directly into inventory you do when finding a rock in world, while also not triggering on all the other random ways a sample rock could end up in a player’s inventory (including the put down rocks), in a purely client-side way [ and to listen for the IE chat message from the core sampler ]. However, that is a needlessly complex route if server-side information is available.

The “dwarf’s ore identification” segment does work client-side only (Lists all potential byproducts, including third-hand bedrock, by highest extricable fraction), but has not yet been made visible (aside from tooltips and search on discovered entries). Large ore veins, Bedrock deposits, and indicator Flowers would work as is client-side if the attempt to map rocks (the most demanded feature) was cancelled.

3 Likes

If abandoned, someone could PR it’s functionality into GT6, lol. ^.^

3 Likes

how convert data from this to journeymap?

3 Likes

Decided to give this another go.
Got it to stop crashing on MP servers, buuut MP won’t open my GUI screen (by keybind).

Plus three other inscrutable issues remain.
While the back-end functions could be PR’d quite easily, the display issues remain a challenge.

4 Likes

i take it this project has been abandoned?

3 Likes

And… necro-success!
After a long period of other things, I’ve finally come back to golden-era MC and got some progress here.
Version 0.10.1 still has core features only, but now the tracking arrow actually works! (in SP) (Re-building server to test mp is taking some time) Not sure how that got fixed, as the GUImain is still refusing to draw textured rectangles.
I’ve given some though to how a PR integrating this tracking into gregAPI or GT would work, and it begs a refactor, if not complete re-write. As two months of professional dev work have left me with a low opinion of my code quality, doing so is merely on the table.

prospectorjournal-0.10.1-DEV.20210922070106.e6205b1.jar (152.4 KB)

4 Likes

Woot update!!

2 Likes

just tested on the server and it does not register when you pick up baring rocks. does work in SP and the arrow is nice but the off button actually being a delete entry button is a bit confusing since it is right next to the mark button. i assumed it would turn off the marker.

3 Likes

Idk if i’m missing a config file or this isn’t implemented yet, but can picking up ore bearing rocks also print in the chat just like with stones?

2 Likes

Hadn’t thought of that.
Was starting to feel chat-spammy, though that is a simple enough option to add (and useful debug).

In other news, the home server installation hit a snag and is taking rather a while. Some visible debug like this may help narrow down issues, even if leaning on external testing. Webservers of any size seem to be finicky.

3 Likes

Just make the chat msg optional in configs.

3 Likes

See 0.10.3 , for the requested chat.

And, optionally, some extra debug in the server & client logs. Hopefully this will help chase down the multiplayer troubles.

–bugged file removed–

3 Likes

The new update crashed my game on load.

Summary
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.util.StatCollector.translateToLocal(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModPreInit(Abstract_Mod.java:195)
at com.github.canisartorus.prospectorjournal.ProspectorJournal.onPreLoad(ProspectorJournal.java:65)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:210)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:245)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:143)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.util.StatCollector.translateToLocal(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
at com.github.canisartorus.prospectorjournal.gui.OreMenuData.<init>(OreMenuData.java:26)
at com.github.canisartorus.prospectorjournal.ProspectorJournal.onModPreInit2(ProspectorJournal.java:91)
at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModPreInit(Abstract_Mod.java:166)
... 45 more
A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at gregapi.api.Abstract_Mod.onModPreInit(Abstract_Mod.java:195)
at com.github.canisartorus.prospectorjournal.ProspectorJournal.onPreLoad(ProspectorJournal.java:65)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:556)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:243)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

ModEdit: Fixed formatting, please use code-fences for such logging in the future

2 Likes

Oops, the mod-version.datetime.code -dev.jar file artifacts are for compiling, not running.
I’ll just delete that one from the downloads folder…

prospectorjournal-0.10.3.1-DEV.20211001032257.4ba65c4.jar (153.1 KB)

Tested locally in SP.

3 Likes