Problem while smelting purified garnierite in a crucible

I was trying to smelt purified garnierite for nickel and the recipe says that 1 unit fo purified garnierite smelts for 8 nickel nuggets. How ever after pouring out 8 nuggets there is still some leftover in the crucible. It weights 48kg, less than 1 nickel scrap so if I try to get it out it just get voided.
However I dont know where this extra nickel came from. Is ita bug?

I’m using crossings, could it be related to them?

edit: even without crossing you still get extra nickel

edit2: I think this is a more general problem. Something like this seems to happens all the time a meterial change chemical composition in the crucible. By the way Im using the 6.12.02 version

3 Likes

Crucibles dont abide by NEI, NEI can only give a rough approximation in the form of a Nugget Count, which does not necessarily match the actual amount you get, but you will get at LEAST that many Nuggets.

3 Likes

Ok I didn’t know that. But It never happened to me before, I always got the exact value. Is there any way to know the exact amount? Becouse like this it’s very difficult to automate the crucible even for something as simple as iron, becouse charcoal donesn’t give you the exact amount of carbon

edit: well i figured it out with a little bit of maths :joy:

3 Likes

Smelter recipes are often helpful at that. For example, smelter recipe for garnierite dust should output 0.75 nickel. Same as crucible.

3 Likes