Overhaul recipes of third-party mods

As publicly known gt6 engages a great integration of third party mods, which is very pleasent to hear since this aint the general case in modded MC. My suggestion thematized the “overall” lack of tweaked recipes of said third party mods.
From a player prospective: just adding additional mods to gt6 without havin a sort of balancing in it, may damage the gameplay experience. External content with same functionallity as in GT is often way cheaper and therefore, a more freuqent used item, thats what Im worrying about.
We should recognize this need and make it a virtue; it would be nice to see something like a config option that readjust the orginal recipes of certain third-party mods, AE2 for instance, so that a player is not mandatory to play a fixed mod pack. I´m sure that also most people would appreciate Gregs wisdom when it comes to balancing.

2 Likes

Not gonna happen, way too much effort.

2 Likes

I thought so, maybe in a smaller scale? Are you currently busy?

3 Likes

Also no, that would require much more involvement and actually test playing the whole thing to actually work properly.

2 Likes

I agree with Greg here, there’s so much cross-mod interaction that even just trying to wriggle in a handful of big mods is going to take you months, if not years. I speak by experience, because I’ve been scripting my pack for the past year and a half. Your best bet is, as always, doing it yourself. Gregtech (and MTutils) give you all the tools to do what you want, all you really need to add is a lot of time, trial and error and frustration.

On that regard, if I may go offtopic just a smidge, I’d like to ask Greg a question: How come GT pyrotheum dust cannot be used to smelt items/be used in a burning box? Is it a balance thing or does it just have its burning time when TE is installed?

3 Likes

Pyrotheum is a Furnace Fuel?? I thought it was just a special fuel for the Induction Smelter.

2 Likes

Yeah, a stupidly good one at that.
https://ftbwiki.org/Pyrotheum_Dust_(Thermal_Foundation)
A single dust smelts 120 items, which is x15(!) times the amount of its constituents (one coal and 1 sulfur for 2 pyrotheum, for a total of 240 items smelt compared to 16 if you used the sulfur and coal dust alone) which is why I thought it might be balance-related, considering that it basically has the same burntime as a block of coal coke.

3 Likes

@Amaranth what modpack are you talking about?

3 Likes

One I made myself custom tailored to my tastes. You might wanna try Gregorious Hexii Artorous if you want something already scripted or the GT6U one if you can stomach TFC and GT together. I know Artorus was key to my understanding of GT6 scripting, mostly because there’s basically no guide for it because of how niche it is and any background helps.

2 Likes