Output item vanishes when using Rolling Mill

I’m trying to run a Bronze Rolling Mill on some double bronze ingots, but even though an item was processed, the output never actually was put into the output slot nor either of the chests next to the machines.

2 Likes

I guess it had started processing your ingot, but stopped in the midst of it because of lack of energy input, probably. If so, try supplying enough power to it and it will resume processing.

Anyway, why use rolling mills so early? And double ingots? I’ve never made not a one double ingot and I’m in steel tier.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know that was a thing. I assumed that if it can start processing, it will finish processing even if it loses the required RU.

Because it’s more efficient. 1 double plate using an anvil is 4 ingots with tons of waste, and 1 double plate using a Rolling Mill is 2 ingots with no waste. I think you misinterpreted my statement, I’m inputting a double ingot, not making a double ingot using a Rolling Mill.

2 Likes

And I never used the anvil to make single plates. Just cast metal into molds. That’s efficient. If there is a mold for something, better use it.

You cast ingots, then you double it on the anvil, then you heat up your boilers for rolling mill, and all of these is to produce a few double plates. Why not simply cast plates and double it on the anvil? I have no rolling mill, because I don’t see any usage for it in early game.

2 Likes

So uh what exactly is the Issue then? If you interrupt the power Input it will just start over the Recipe so that might be your Issue?

1 Like

The issue is that I am an idiot, I’ll mark the other person’s answer as correct.

2 Likes

This. Molds are awesome and often the best way.

2 Likes

And more on the rolling mill and other early machines. IMO, you don’t need most of them that early. You definitely have to obtain ones for main ore processing: the crusher, the sluice, the centrifuge and the shredder for refined ores (mortar doesn’t give a full amount, 1.375 units) ASAP. The crusher is the first thing I personally do, I rush for it.

And when you’ll need screws, you got to have lathe lest you loose 0.139 units of metal per screw, which is about the size of a bolt (0.125) or a nugget (0.111).

Also, there is a roll bender for efficient small-spring making, but they are not common in recipes, so I don’t have it, but probably should (at least for a case when a lot of curved plates is required).

And the cluster mill for foils, it’s a rip off to make foils w/o it.

A reply you didn’t ask for :nerd_face:

3 Likes

The problem is it takes a stack of logs (Which is my only fuel source, Coal is so scarce that I pretty much have to only use it for Iron) to get even a bit of any of the metals that I have access to.

2 Likes

Tree farms are so easy though, especially automated with thaumcraft or OpenComputers (later game for OC though) or a few other mods, lol.

Or find some gas underground!

1 Like

I don’t have any other mods installed. And I don’t want to restart with new mods, I’ve spent 300 hours in my world and have yet to even get to electrical power.

2 Likes

Uhm, are there still Issues? Just making sure I didn’t screw up trying to help. ^^

1 Like

Nope, the guy I was replying to was giving me a few methods of getting better fuel, and most of them use other mods, of which I do not have.

2 Likes