OreDict and Recipe problems with Thermal Foundation Basalz, Blitz, Blizz Powder

The Basalz Powder, Blitz Powder, and Blizz Powder items added by Thermal Foundation (not the Tiny Pile of Basalz Dust, Tiny Pile of Blitz Dust, Tiny Pile of Blizz Dust, Basalz Dust, Blitz Dust, and Blizz Dust items added by GregTech) are oredicted both as dust<Material> and dustTiny<Material>.

Check Ore Dictionary names in this screenshot of Basalz Powder’s tooltip for an example:
basalz-powder-is-dust-and-tiny-dust

Since it considers these tiny dusts to also be full dusts, I thought I might be able to pull off a duplication glitch by placing 1x Basalz Powder in the crafting grid to get 9x Basalz Powder back, but the crafting system seems to be selecting the 1/72nd of a Pile of Basalz Dust recipe instead. I’m not sure how the crafting system decides which recipe to select, but assuming it picks the first match and there’s no deterministic ordering, somebody else with a different configuration might be able to pull that off.

I also noticed an inconsistency between the Shapeless Crafting recipes for Pyrotheum Dust and the recipes for Aerotheum Dust, Cryotheum Dust, Petrotheum Dust that are probably related to this.

If you look up the recipe for Thermal Foundation Pyrotheum Dust, you’ll see its Shapeless Crafting Recipe accepts any Tiny Pile of Blaze Dust (dustTinyBlaze). Same goes for the Mixer recipe.

However, if you look up the recipe for Thermal Foundation Petrotheum Dust, you’ll see its Shapeless Crafting Recipe accepts any full-sized Basalz Dust (dustBasalz), which includes Thermal Foundation Basalz Powder (considered both dustTinyBasalz and dustBasalz) and GregTech Basalz Dust (only considered dustBasalz).

So, to summarize: From what I’ve seen, Basalz Powder, Blitz Powder, and Blizz Powder shouldn’t be full dusts, and the Shapeless Crafting recipes for Aerotheum Dust, Cryotheum Dust, Petrotheum Dust should only be accepting tiny dusts, not full dusts.

2 Likes

Nah, those are special Recipes, those cant really get sorted wrongly.

The Mixer actually should be smart enough to know the Dust properly and only accept the “Tiny” Version.

And I guess I should remove the Crafting Table Versions of the 4 Mixed Dusts due to that.

2 Likes

I took a closer look at the Mixer recipes and you’re right, they don’t accept a full Basalz / Blitz / Blizz Dust. That was my bad. I’ll edit the OP to fix that.

2 Likes