Odd molds behavior when using redstone mode

That’s fine and sure the question were stupid but i kinda understand.

“Have you tried turning it on and off again” exists for a reason. It might help them find that it needs to have a power cord.

But i do programming myself, i don’t tend to miss the logic. However it’s of course easy to miss “features” that are hidden in GT6.
(features in quotation marks because “not a bug, a feature”)

EDIT: And in this case… One could say PEBCAC?

Problem Exists Between Crucible And Crossing?

2 Likes

Ofcourse this will be fixed in the next update. ^^

Just marked the Solution so this Issue doesn’t ping me all the time.

Yeah PEBCAC XD

3 Likes

About the infinite crossing loop.
Can’t you just store the crucible entity they connect to when you place a crossing, so they relay the crucible entity?

This way, whatever crucible they find first halts the search as you place the crossing. If the user is dumb enough to connect two crucibles to the same crossing they get whatever crucible the crossing found first, which would be deterministic but a dumb way of doing it.

Or can’t you save that information in the crossing tile?
I mean, that would save a lot of performance as you only search for a crucible when you place the crossing.

Issues would be if users place the crossing before the crucible. But the crucible could of course check for nearby crossings and have them refresh their searches. This is the only time they “lock” so to speak.

Another issue of course would be if the crucible goes POOF. But again, you could either update the crossings connected to it or you could have a check to see if the crucible still exists at the stored location. The latter is probably safer as there’s block moving mods out there.

2 Likes

It is more of a Crossing → Crossing Loop than a Crossing to Crucible one. That is sadly how dumb the recursive API is that I made ages ago. XD

And adjacent TileEntities are already stored in any of my more intelligent Blocks, so that isn’t an Issue for search-pathing.

2 Likes

Yeah, and furthermore. If the crossings store the crucible they connect to.
One could even end the search on the nearest crossing placed as it would already know the crucible it connected to. So it would just relay that.

It’s only when a crossing doesn’t know a crucible that it needs a refresh whenever another crossing is placed or a crucible is placed after a crossing.

2 Likes

Unless you run a Setup with 2 Crucibles :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, are you saying a user is supposed to use more than one crucible for the same crossing path?
That’s odd to me because if you try and pour tin and copper at the same time you’d get bronze… Or a tin/copper cake but you know…

2 Likes

Yeah Minecraft and Realism dont go well together. XD

3 Likes

I sure hope you have this in mind for Mechaenetia. Just pouring two different metals means they will bond but they won’t magically mix.
They will be streams of copper and streams of tin bonded together very weakly with some bronze weirdness…

2 Likes

That assumes Copper and Tin will exist in a normal World. XD

But yeah Alloying Stuff is gonna be important, and since I am focusing more on “made up” Materials I have way more freedom than when I use things like Bronze where I would have to copy the real life too much.

3 Likes

Soooooo I looked into your Issue, and I cannot replicate it. This is my Setup and it works perfectly fine:

2 Likes

It works perfectly fine after it has been set up yes.
It stops working perfectly fine once you use it for a while and swapping the molds for other ones.

Also, your test setup doesn’t automatically feed more ingredients into the crucible. Mine is running for several cycles doing alloying recipes.

I will replicate the setup some time™ using only GT6 and see how it behaves after i use it as i would in my normal world. All i know is, the molds stop responding to redstone going high after a while and instead only pours every 2.5 seconds. Once they have started pouring, they will keep pouring on inventory change though.

2 Likes

There is a Stack of Steel Blocks in that thing, it refills for sure. XD

And you do not power whatever is below the molds right? maybe some stray Redstone Signal keeps your Molds active?

I will ofcourse make the Molds sync up with the Server Clock at the very least to reduce Issues.

1 Like

If i can’t replicate the issue with just GT6 then i will assume some mod does something.

Thanks for asking though.

2 Likes

@Cadde How’s it going?

1 Like

From what i can tell so far, the latest update gregtech_1.7.10-6.14.10, the issues that i’ve reported above have gone away.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I wonder how they even happened, because my rewrite basically still has the same Code, just written from scratch, lol.

1 Like