Odd molds behavior when using redstone mode

Yeah it will use the Molds internal Clock if its Perma-ON

If you really want it right use one of those Weird Timer Clocks, not the regular Timer or Sequencer, I mean that other one with the Wafer Circuit on it. (At least Redpower had it in the past)

Or you know, time it so well using a Repeater that you only need one pulse to fill all Molds at once.

1 Like

But shouldn’t it pour the moment the signal goes from low to high is what i am saying.
Either way, setting it up now.

2 Likes

Yes it should definitely do that the exact moment it goes from Low to High. Are you sure the Stuff is already molten at that specific Moment?

2 Likes

Visually it is yes.

2 Likes

I am talking the exact TICK it happens, if it is just one tick too soon it wont work. And that is hard to see visually.

2 Likes

That’s why i’ve experimented with setting the sensor to 1850 and even 2000 to ensure it’s DEFINITELY molten yes.

2 Likes

Does it work when you melt it visually and you press a Button to pour the Molds?

Because Bear has a Setup nearly identical to your current one and his is working. That’s why I need to know very precisely if what you do is 100% correct.

Edit: Wait you are not heating up the Crucible BEFORE you insert the items, right?

2 Likes

It worked at least once with a timer from project red, it’s set to pulse on every .2 seconds. I then inverted the temp sensor so it outputs a signal when the temperature is less than 1820K and so the timer stops until it’s time to pour.

I’m going to observe it a few times.

Yes, it seems to work just fine with the timer but as you say, it lags something immense when i do that.

2 Likes

This means that something fails with the Crucible Crossings maybe. Are they pouring all at once or are they pouring one after the other but really quickly?

2 Likes

With the timer, they pour all at once.

But it’s strange because with the timer, even if i set it to .5 second intervals, they do pour on the first pulse.

I shall try a repeater since that worked once before.

2 Likes

This means the first time you pulse the stuff isn’t molten yet. Did you put that Sensor on Averaging Mode? I sure do hope you DID NOT do that, especially if you dump the Items into the Crucible way late.

2 Likes

Is averaging over one values averaging mode on or off?

2 Likes

1 value means there is no averaging, yes. Maybe I should make a special text for that one. XD

2 Likes

Then no, i didn’t have averaging mode on.

2 Likes

Sorry for the many stupid questions, i just needed to make sure there is no dumb mistake that caused all of this that everyone would regret. XD

2 Likes

With this setup…

They all poured at the same time.

The lever is there for the experiment you asked for.

However, from my own experience, the repeater thing will eventually stop doing what i want it to. In that all of a sudden the molds pour willy nilly again.

2 Likes

Try using a Pulse Former instead of the Repeater, just in case. :wink:

3 Likes

Pulse former only pours one mold.

3 Likes

And now with lever, it’s pouring every % 50 ticks again.

2 Likes

OKAY, that means Crucible Crossings are 100% broken for sure. Thank you for the patience. XD

Crucible Crossings “search” for a Crucible, and each Crossing that has been searched already is Locked, so that there is no circles going on, usually the Lock should be released buuuuuut apparently it doesn’t and the fallback fixes it every tick.

3 Likes