Nuclear fission questions

I noticed the description in the change log.
Is it a multi-block nuclear reactor? If so, how should we build it?
Of course, it may be that there is no picture of the latest development progress, I can’t wait to see! And tell me the friend around me XD

4 Likes

Pretty sure the Screenshot shows the Reactor already since a week, so what do you mean? Yes it is single Block but modular so you can have multiple next to each other to increase count of Rod Slots.

4 Likes

It sounds interesting, but how do we pour coolant into it? I only saw the fluid outlet in the screenshot.

When multiple reactor cores are placed in three-dimensional space, will the required coolant and the output thermal coolant in the inner core automatically transfer to the outermost output? Or can we not put three-dimensional reactors?

Output of a huge amount of thermal coolant, I think we should need a large heat exchanger to increase productivity efficiency XD

Editor: This means that the reactor core does not need to be blocked. Where will the lead panels be used? Does it not need to be used for reactor construction?

3 Likes

Like literally anywhere, one outlet is even transmitting cold coolant to adjacent Reactor Cores for convenience.

Sorry only 2D Space for Reactor Rods lol. But with the 2 outlets you can transfer Coolant and Heatant just fine.

You dont say. XD

The Core is made of Dense Lead Machine Casings.

3 Likes

So the big heat exchanger will be added to Gregtech later. It’s cool.

I understand that when multiple reactor cores are placed in 2D, only one input port can be used to input coolant to all reactor cores, and the output port can output the thermal coolant produced by all reactor cores.

Perhaps thermo-coolant and coolant can achieve non-destructive circulation? Reactor Core Output Thermal Coolant-Heat Exchanger-Thermal Coolant Cooling Refrigerant

3 Likes

What the heck is nondestructive Circulation???

3 Likes

I forgot to check the translator. Damn it.

During the reaction, the coolant will not be depleted.

3 Likes

But Coolant already wont be depleted?

3 Likes

Thermal coolant can be converted to coolant at 1:1 in the heat exchanger.

If there is no loss of the coolant input during the reaction, the coolant will not be exhausted.

3 Likes

I just want to ask, can thermometer sensor be used to detect the temperature of the reactor?
Also, would it explode if too many neutrons (such as too few neutron absorption rods) led to uncontrolled reactions?
Also, how to “ignite” the reactor?

3 Likes

The Coolant kindof keeps the Reactor at the same temperature at all times, so the sensor doesn’t really make much sense there at all.

And the only explosion condition is running out of Coolant.

Also since when are Reactors ignited?? If anything you need to turn them off before inserting the Rods, unless you wanna plunge Rods into the Reactor by hand while it is technically running.

This is all a mostly Gameplay focused thing, using Absorber Rods will lead to twice the Energy Output for Neutrons that hit the Absorber.

3 Likes

If the coolant supply is maintained but the quantity is insufficient to take away all the heat generated by the reaction (e.g., the pipe is too thin and you have too many fuel rods), the temperature of your reactor will rise until it explodes. Many mod reactors have temperature settings.
Moreover, temperature does affect the reaction rate.

3 Likes

Thing with that is, as soon as Coolant == 0 you get BOOM.

3 Likes

It’ll also go boom if the hot coolant has nowhere to go, because the internal hot coolant tank of the reactor core is filled.

4 Likes

Oh right yes that too!

3 Likes