No Shields recipes?

Is there no shield recipes. I found shield scrap in the recipes but it doesn’t have an actual recipe.

1 Like

Uh what are you talking about???

I think that’s netherlicious’s shield scrap they’re referring to.

Is this what you’re talking about @MinerX ?

1 Like

Oh I should maybe update Netherlicious on my test pack then. In which case this is basically solved.

1 Like

I don’t know. When I type in shield in the recipe search, I see wooden shield scraps. Clicking on it doesn’t show any recipe. I haven’t seen that image you posted. How do access that?

2 Likes

If you have NEI installed, hitting R and U (or whatever you have configured them to be) while hovering over an item will show you the recipes to make the item and recipes you can make with the item you hovered over. You can also do this in the full list of items it shows on the right-hand side.

I don’t have anything mentioning wooden shield scraps however so it’s probably from something I haven’t added and not something related to Gregtech.

1 Like

I do have NEI installed but I get nothing when I press R. When I press U I get the recipes I didn’t see before but they’re for Heavy Blaze body armor but no shields.

2 Likes

You get nothing when you press R because there is no crafting recipe to make them. These pieces can’t be created, they can only be found.
As I recall I believe the lore with the scraps is that they come from a mob in the Nether that looks like a blaze covered in thick shields, hence the name shield scrap.They are called shield scrap because they are recovered from the blaze’s shield armor, but you can’t make shields from them.

1 Like

Ok but what about making shields in general? Can they not be made at all?

1 Like

Shields were never a thing in 1.7.10.
I’m assuming you’ve come from a later version of Minecraft where shields have been implemented. There are a few mods that adds shields to 1.7.10 but in general they don’t exist.

1 Like

Pretty sure Et Futurum Requiem added Shields if that is what you wanted.

1 Like

I don’t think Et Futurum does, at least not Et Futurum Requiem, banners but not shields as far as I can tell. Chocolate Quest adds shields and sword/shield combos but it also adds a fair amount of structure generation with it too.

1 Like

Yes, I came from the later version.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be a mod that that’s compatible with GT6 that I could find either but that’s fine. I also just found out that I can block with the sword. Though it was removed in later versions when after the shield was added.

2 Likes