NBT data bug with Forestry bees and GregTech6 barrels

This bug occurs when a chunk containing a barrel with Forestry bee drones (and potentially princesses) is unloaded and reloaded.

The barrel completely deletes the IsAnalyzed tag from the drone’s NBT data. This prevents freshly created drones, which have the tag, from stacking into the barrel.

This event also occurs in GT6 hoppers.

I found this on the Bears Den GT6 Adventure modpack, if that makes any difference.

2 Likes

Wait what? it ONLY deletes the analyzed Tag and none of the other Tags?!? Are you sure you analyzed those Bees properly, because this would be a way too big bug for me not to notice, especially with Hoppers.

2 Likes

I’m not analyzing the bees at all. When they’re analyzed the tag is added back, but I don’t analyze drones from my purebred automated alvearies because I already know the genome, and don’t need to waste the resources on analyzing them. The tag should still be there, and set to 0, but instead it’s being deleted completely. See attached pic.

All genome entries are identical.

2 Likes

AH now I know what you mean, this happens after unloading and reloading the Chunk, yeah I tend to delete unused NBT Tags when saving Data. Guess that needs to be a bit improved for stack-ability reasons.

2 Likes

I’d greatly appreciate it. This one’s kinda breaking my setup.

Thank you very much for responding so quickly!

2 Likes

And it should be fixed indev now. Was a Bug when loading ItemStacks from NBT.

2 Likes

Just got around to building and testing it. Issue resolution confirmed. Thank you!

2 Likes

You could have just used this one here lol.

:gregory: This Version should be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll keep that in mind for the future. Building from source is kind of a no-brainer for MC mods, but it’s nice to have prepacked builds sometimes.

2 Likes

“Some” of them anyway, GT6 is set up to be super easy. ^.^
The great great majority are… less easy… >.<

1 Like