My Dust Organizing/Sorting Basement

Been working on cleaning up and moving my dusts from chests to my sorting system, linked from pipes from the shredder end of ore processing. Wanted to share because I felt good about it :slight_smile:

I have them organized into rooms by color! Not the best rainbow but hey, it’s homey :rainbow:

Purple :purple_heart:

Red :heart: I got something right next to this room, so the piping was a little funky.

Blue :blue_heart:

Green :green_heart:

Yellow :yellow_heart:

Orange :orange_heart:

My favorite color, Black :black_heart:

White :white_heart:
There’s a lot of white dust in Gregtech, there’s also a lot of blue but I haven’t gotten around to all of my dusts yet.

I’m slowly adding to it as more dusts appear in the unsorted bins, but I felt it was worked on enough to share!

4 Likes

Interesting way to sort things, I guess your brain maps each type of dust to a color naturally, otherwise this sorting System would be the second worst, right after my own “I know where I WOULD put everything, so why do i need to care where it is, if I can guess it right 100% of the time!” System. XD

3 Likes

Me when color coordinated:

2 Likes

Wow that’s sweet, and surprising not gonna lie!) Not useful for me though, due to partial color blindness :smiley: using 4 categories instead:

• pure elements (Cr, Ag, Na etc.)
  • 1-stage-to-pure materials (simple compounds which only need to melt/crack/blend mostly oxides sulfides etc.)
  • complicated but useful compounds, which need to be well processed
  • all other crap

P.s: you know you could paint barrels inside bath with a dye right? :wink:

3 Likes

Painting schmainting.

3 Likes

That’s the best sorting system ever :brain:

3 Likes

Until someone else lives in your Base, then nobody knows where anything is XD

3 Likes

Endermen must die.

3 Likes

I think you replied to the wrong thread XD

2 Likes

Enderman is closest to “something else living in my base”. They even decorate it with dirt and sand.

3 Likes

No no, they have a point. Endermen do populate my basement sometimes.

2 Likes