ModPack Manager (Not Functional/Discontinued)

I agree, it’s amazing that we are already able to get this far minus the kinks that pending to be fixed for the patched version.

2 Likes

That was correct so after that I had to make the changes above in order to Curse to accept the pack. Since it will crash the client otherwise according to them. Not too bad in my end, except if this could be set once and automate it from there on out (like a setting per pack that you can set the Project ID for your page)

2 Likes

Version 1.3.1 is now out.

With the fixes of the most annoying things.
Sadly i wasn’t able to fix the “Scaling issues” for the whole reason that even if i got a JScrollPane work it would never show its scrollbars. Even on enforcing it.
Though my time was fairly limited so i thought better get the unfixable stuff from the users side away.
Changelog can be found in the zip

3 Likes

of course core bug fixes are always priority over a limited UI issue. Though it would be appreciated if that could be looked at in the future to make it more user friendly. :+1:

3 Likes

There seems to be a problem with certain mods. Like Matter overdrive. It has a 1.7 version and a Legacy version. For some reason the manager only picks up the 1.7 version regardless of providing the link to the correct one to be added to the repository.

3 Likes

That can be an issue with the website that hosts the information that I am using (the mod was reported to cause issue there)
Sadly without dropping that page and rewriting a big chunk of the software (and making it much slower because the checks grow exponentionaly) there is not really anything I can do about that mod.

There is around 10-20 mods (from 10k mods) that have that issue.

TL:DR: Yes we are aware but without massive rewrites its not fixable.

2 Likes

Ok just to announce that.
This month I am working on different projects so do not expect any updates this month.

But in the beginning of april I will dedicate time again for this project and try to improve some feature while adding a couple.
Though because of the nature of this software changes will be very mild, so small detail changes, nothing to crazy or big.

Somewhat planned things:

• Drag & Drop Support.
  • Userinterface improvements.
  • Moving Packs
  • Finally adding Embedded library support so dependencies are finally properly implemented.
  • Extra Data about packs.

None of these features are guaranteed. That is just me throwing things on the todolist to check or trying to improve. There is a time limit for how long I can take at max to make these additions.

Also if someone has ideas on how to improve things, or if they want to see a feature.
Suggest it. If it is fitting, it may get implemented in that patch, if there is not enough time it will be at least thrown on the next patches todolist.

Thanks for reading. Speiger

2 Likes

Version 1.4.0 is now offically released.
(Release can be found at the first post)

Things that got changed:

• Added: Drag & Drop support for Folder / File linking.
  • Added: Create Empty ModPack
  • Added: Installing Mods can now be done via Drag & Dropping them into the Main window.
  • Added: Mods can now be added as “Do not Track” (using the Ctrl key at drag and drop or Install None Curse Mods)
  • Added: Fuzzi Minecraft Version check so if a mod is decleared as 1.12 it will be accepted in 1.12.2 packs too. (Can break modpacks if the mods actually only support 1.12 and not 1.12.2)
  • Fixed: Variouse issues with the UI (None of the Scaling issues though)

That sums up the highlights. The exact changelog can be found in the Zip.

Thanks for reading. Speiger

2 Likes

Version 1.4.1 is now released.
It is the Patch for Version 1.4.0 which is now 2-3 weeks late

Changes:

• Changed: Thread Pools have now naming scemes (for better profiling)
  • Added: Dedicated Track & UnTrack Buttons for Mods so you can disable tracking of mods.
  • Changed: Mini Auto Updates reduced from 1000 Mods max to 250 Max
  • Changed: Massivly Reduced update checks. By a factor of 6 in some cases. All Mods get checked if the last check was 30 Days ago instead of 7 Days.
  • Fixed: Anti-Lockup System was to Agressive.
  • Fixed: Anti LockUp System would skip tasks.
  • Fixed: Curse Mod collection accounts now for Curseforges search results URL change so mods added from Search Results should now be found
3 Likes

Hi all,

I’m currently creating a modpack up on CurseForge with around 150 mods in it, and someone pointed me at this tool to help with dealing with mod updates. I’m on Linux, so doing it via the Twitch launcher is not an option, and the only other way I know was to manually check each of the mods and update them when appropriate.

This tool looks like it could really be a help for this, but if I understand what it’s doing, it’s downloading all the mods in my pack and storing them? And in the export options, I don’t see a “just export the manifest” option. All I really need is something to help with my manifest; the rest is done by IntelliJ and synced to GitHub, where I definitely don’t want the full mods. Is there a way to just update the manifest, without downloading all the mods and mod updates?

2 Likes

Hi.
Yeah this tool might be a help for you.
When MPM exports a ModPack in the Curse Format then it automatically creates a manifest in it.
And the tool by default does not download mods by default. When you are adding mods then it will just add the reference and you have to tell it to download the mod.
Updating Mods will require the mods to be updated,
but changing the version does not (from what I remember) (Yes these things are 2 different actions)

I hope that helps.

3 Likes

Known issue showed up:
Curseforge changed their Layout. I have to rewrite around 10-20% of the Software to fix that.
Not to ■■■■ but it takes time because I have 2-3 projects that need fixing in that regard.

So give me a couple days to fix this issue.

2 Likes

I thought you parsed their json or something like that, not the website html?

2 Likes

Yeah and that part works fine. But since V1.2-1.3 there is a MD5 Check to make file finding a lot more accurate. And that check can only be gathered from the CursePages because the json site does not list that data.
On top of that Dependencies are gathered in that same PageAccess since that data is listed there too.

So since CF changed everything that basically broke that side of MPM.

And a couple QOL features that were using the page so I didn’t have to manually update the “Newest” version of mc if it came out. (So a Self Updating software)

2 Likes

Curse exposes a maven listing too (or at least it used to, you know how often the change things), you can grab it from the maven metadata a lot faster than processing the webpage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its around 50% faster using the API page that I use then using CF.
By the time the API page is finishing all the Downloading of the information CF still has to process around 60k pages downloading the Dependencies. (Because its like 131k pages to access, while modpages are like 5k)

Yes CF is faster on a per page but the compression of the API is just massive Enough.

2 Likes

V1.5 is now released.

• Just patched up everything that needed patching. (I bet I missed something, but the getting the program back running was more important instead of getting it running with 100% functionality. (95% of the functions were tested))
  • And I added a URL revalidation of the Mods because CF likes to change URLs from time to time if Moddevs Rename the mods

Download can be found at the Top of the post.

2 Likes

As CF updated few days ago, adding mods by new curseforge links is not working now. Will it be fixed?

1 Like

yes today will be another patch with a bit more bugfixes. (stuff i missed)

3 Likes

Version 1.5.1 is now released.
Changelog:

• Fixes fixes fixes (read the changelog in the zip for exact details)
  • Added version checker.
  • Improved MC Version checker.
2 Likes