Miniature portals for Underdark and End of Time missing when using supported Extra Utilities fork

I just noticed that adding the mod Extra Simple (a fork of extra utilities that, from what I can read in the code, has been added to the miniature portal compatibility) does not list the option to craft a miniature portal for the underdark and the end of time, even though it should spawn when either of the mods are loaded.

The fork does spawn those dimensions and loading the original extra utilities adds the portals correctly to NEI, as expected. The portals, when obtained through console commands, also seem to activate and work properly with only the fork loaded, but as said before, they’re unlisted and recipeless.

2 Likes

Lol I see you have all of this in your Git UI, why didnt you submit it as PR? XD

Though what is ModIDs.ExS ? That should be a String and it is not listed in your Screenshot.

And more importantly, do the ExtraSimple String IDs match the ExtraUtils ones, so I can exchange them if needed when asking for Recipes?

1 Like

Oh, it’s not my git, I’m just using the GT6U github repo since it’s searchable, since I haven’t really understood how I’m supposed or if I even can search gregit for GT6 stuff. I just searched by code for any instance of “extra simple”. I’m afraid I’m not particularly knowledgeable of the subject, but ExS is from MD.java, along with a long list of mod IDs which I assume are shortened and used as a reference when needed

It is also found in CS.java here (at the bottom) while looking for extra simple.

do the ExtraSimple String IDs match the ExtraUtils ones, so I can exchange them if needed when asking for Recipes?

I have no clue, honestly. I have a poor knowledge of the codebase and I was led to believe from looking at the snip from WD.java and some vague recollections of discussions a while ago with one of the extrasimple players (to say it’s an extremely niche mod would be an understatement) that portal support had been added to the mod after a request. Extra Simple’s mod ID is “ExtraSimple”. If needed I can provide a link to the latest version of the mod itself.

2 Likes

Wait GT6 does not let the Portals connect when ExtraUtilities is not loaded, are you sure they actually work?

1 Like

Okay the Build System broke because Docker got bought out and now has Data-Cap-DRM in it, yay. I would have given you a working Version but I first need to fix the more pressing Issues with the CI. And by that I mean OvermindDL1 needs to XD

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

2 Likes

So we fixed it by moving the build System to Github instead. The Secret Version works now. And soon OvermindDL1 will have fixed the rest. ^^

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

2 Likes

So I assume that means it works for you?

1 Like

Yep! The portals are displaying correctly and teleporting the items across dimensions properly.

There is a slight issue with the recipes for the portals themselves, while they are now visible and searchable in NEI with Esimple added they seem to be lacking a recipe. But I can fix that on my end easily with a couple of lines of minetweaker scripting, it’s no big deal.

2 Likes

Do ExS Items use ExU Item IDs? This is an important question for me.

And more importantly, Does the Deep Dark Portal Item exist in ExtraSimple? Because that is what is part of that Recipe.

1 Like

Do ExS Items use ExU Item IDs?

Oh, I see what’s the problem! No, they don’t, I should have mentioned this earlier. Hold on a sec, I’ll transcribe them individually.

deep dark portal: "ExtraSimple:deepPortal"
last millennium portal: "ExtraSimple:deepPortal:2"

Does the Deep Dark Portal Item exist in ExtraSimple?

Yep, it’s there in the pic on the right.

2 Likes

This should be the final working version, yes same Download page, just linked again for convenience using the Canned Replies.

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

1 Like

Works like a charm, thank you very much for the work! Considering I’m going to be basically one of the few, if not the only bloke that will ever have this problem, this is very much appreciated. 1

2 Likes