Minecraft 1.7.10 Graphics Driver Issue

so i have a problem on the latest version of gregtech 6 where when i get into a world, chunks either load with blocks being invisible or load with the blocks having only one colour. also, any item i pick up blocks the whole screen, not just the blocks in front of me, the whole screen with the hotbar. if anyone can help me it would be very kind of you.

3 Likes

that’s a common issue with 1.7.10 in general i’m afraid, most often it’s related to some wack driver update that rolled out about a year ago for intel UHD graphics cards. try to make sure that MC actually runs on your dedicated GPU if you have one or if you do have an intel UHD, use an older driver.

(hooray for auto-updating drivers)

2 Likes

I am glad you were there to tell me that because this is an issue nobody could ever fix… I mean aside from Intel ofcourse…

As for this Issue, does it happen without GregTech too? Try running Minecraft 1.7.10 without any Mods, that might help.

And if that doesn’t help then uhh I have no Idea… maybe Optifine fixes it somehow? Probably not but its worth a try at least.

2 Likes

Yes very common. many players that first joined our discord-like chating group is to ask help for that.
and linux driver seems didn’t have this problem…but who will change their OS just for a game…?

3 Likes

Good frikkin luck installing Java 8 on Linux to get 1.7.10 to work, it took me quite a while to get the right frikkin version of openjdk, since oracle doesn’t offer the java 8 downloads anymore…

2 Likes

I currently using dragonwell jvm which is optimized by Alibaba,it seems to have better CPU performance.
and downloads can be found in github.

2 Likes

aren’t you using (k/l)ubuntu? i’m pretty sure there should be a working version in the apt package repositories (no need to deal with oracle’s BS, apparently just downloading the official JDK requires an account for some reason), at least on mint that was the case.

most likely, it happens with blank forge installs and for most (but not all) also on vanilla. it’s usually due to intel UHDs but some also reported that on certain integrated AMD GPUs and one report actually ran on a dedicated nvidia 10-series card (we triple checked).

there’s a possibility that it’s some general rendering thing that conflicts with new drivers which might be fixable if only we could figure out the exact difference between how 1.7’s rendering works and how other seemingly unaffected versions do it. the other possibility would be that it’s something related to the LWJGL that mc 1.7 runs on, in which case we’d be screwed.

2 Likes

Guess fucking what… Oracle TOOK DOWN their official Java 8 from apt a few years ago.

2 Likes

asdf ^.^

Who cares, the oracle one always sucked, others are better.

2 Likes

For me, Neodymium fixes most of the Intel-related GPU issues and what made GTNH playable on Intel A380 (even on latest drivers)

4 Likes