Magnifying Glass Durability

I made Magnifying Glass with a Redstone lens but the durability does not change.

2 Likes

Are you in Creative Mode?

1 Like

Survival mode. Redstone Lens production with Redstone Plate

I saw it being done on youtube channel from Bears. If I remember correctly, it should have been 6400 durability.

2 Likes

I didn’t think you could make a magnifying glass out of redstone since it has no quality or durability.

2 Likes

Yeah that is an oversight lol. The more important Question is, why the heck does the Durability not decrease upon use, because that SHOULD work.

1 Like

I decided to just let Redstone not be used for that Recipe. Will also fix the balance Issue that causes.

3 Likes

Can you increase the durability of the magnifier made with Glass? It breaks very quickly. Or, as with other hand tools, durability can be added depending on the material. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had the same issue until I found out you can make lenses by filing any gem plate, gem lenses have massive durability so technically you wouldn’t need another unless you lose it.
Now the hard part is finding a decent quality gem…

2 Likes

Magnifying Glasses made with Glass use the durability of the Glass Material, which is utter garbage for obvious reasons. Try using a Gem Lens instead.

And if the Gem you want doesn’t matter its super easy to find a decent Gem to make into a Lens.

3 Likes

Speaking of durability, I noticed the other day that bending cylinders last forever, as do pincers since you buffed them some time back, and hammers seem to last a decent amount, but wrenches wear out very fast. Why do wrenches wear out faster than hammers? You’d think that twisting nuts would be easier on the metal than smashing things. I think in the process of making my distillation tower I went through 2 bronze hammers, 3 red granite hammers, and like 8 or 10 bronze wrenches. I did break my bronze bending cylinder in the process but it was already fairly well used and the new one barely has a scratch on it.

2 Likes

Define forever please. You really need to be precise when you say such things.

1 Like

Hundreds of crafts for bending cylinders and probably a thousand grabs for pincers. Compared to a wrench which I think is something like 24 crafts. I think a bronze hammer was somewhere around 48 or 64 crafts, so still not great, but not as bad as the wrench.

2 Likes