Lol I blew up another boiler

I was just about to install a safety system too, and I got distracted. RIP my autoclave

7 Likes

Now I really wish there was a confetti config for boilers blowing up.

5 Likes

Shrapnel and steam clouds for extra danger!

3 Likes

For safety i usually use a sensor on my boilers or autoclaves. Set a sensor + set a condition on the them (no more than 4000 units steams for example) + use to redstone wire to turn of\turn off cover. If pressure will more of settled units - system will automatic turn off . P.S i haven’t a game under my hand now. I remember it was "giibble-o-meter sensor " or “Pressure sensor”

2 Likes

I was about to put in a system, but I got distracted.

3 Likes

Run a steam pipe off the boiler two pipes long, put the autoclave on top of one pipe and slap a steam engine on the end of the other pipe, the autoclave will fill with steam and everything else will be used up harmlessly by the steam engine. Needs to be two otherwise the steamengine will fight the autoclave for steam. Do make sure to use a steam engine rated for your boiler class though.

3 Likes

How about a simple pressure valve, the brass one? They release any buildup.

3 Likes

Noisy though ain’t they? Valves are great as an emergency but I wouldn’t want to integrate one into a design that required to release steam continously like an autoclave. Besides sometimes they don’t release steam fast enough, steam engine is quiet and dissipates steam easy and safely, don’t even need to attach anything to it neither.

2 Likes