Large heat exchanger exploding for some reason

For what i know, large heat exchanger can explode only if it has no distilled water in it. For some reason, my heat exchanger just exploded when i wasn’t on my base. It still had 720 buckets of distilled water in reserve, so i have no idea why it exploded. Is there another reason why it may explode?
It was on a server and i use ender IO pipes to put water in it.

2 Likes

The fact it happened while you were away makes me wonder if it might have not have been chunkloaded. Weird behavior like that can happen, because the water which is supposed to go to the boiler actually doesn’t make its way to it because the area is not loaded, and as a result, the boiler explodes even if it theoretically has the water it needs, it simply doesn’t calculate that into account at the same time. It is a good idea to always keep your machines chunkloaded if you’re going away on a trip, especially since they will run while you’re away.

2 Likes

Question, was that Heat Exchanger outside? Heat Based Machines do not like Rain all that much, except for Burning Boxes.

1 Like

Heat exchanger was in the basement that has 2 layers of the roof and my base locates at the desert, so the rain couldn’t be the problem. I think it should be problem with chunk loading, at least that’s the only thing i can do to try to fix to prevent explosions. Thaks for the help, i really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Then yeah maybe your Water Tank was not in the same Chunk so it might have run out.

Railcraft has Chunk Loaders, so does FTB Utils, maybe you should look into if your Server has that. :wink:

1 Like