Is there any relatively new servers? If not can I make one

Pump covers? I tried but I couldn’t make them work. Do they need energy?

3 Likes

When on pipes I don’t think so, but they do need to be configured properly (screwdriver was it?) as I think they default push out rather than pull in (or do I have that the other way), and you can set redstone driven modes too.

2 Likes

Ok I will try again. But I just remembered that pipes have problem with molds. I tested them on a smeltery. Unless you put a buffer tank on the mold (like a drum than can auto output into the mold), part of the molten metal stay inside the pipe even if the mold is empty and you have enough metal to fill it. If i remember correctly the pipe buffer tank need to be half full before it start to pour inside the mold.

This probably happens becouse molds dont acts like normal tanks

4 Likes

So based on my current mod load and what @Corax suggested I’ve made up a document for a list of mods that could be used highlighted in blue and green and a recommended client list: Gregtech Mod List

Currently it’s at something like 26 and I think around 30 would be a good number to test with. How would you change or add to it?

3 Likes

Dumb question, does that google drive link not work for anyone else? I get an empty spreadsheet when i open it. I am using Firefox so maybe this is requiring Chrome for some stupid reason?

1 Like

Yeah, wasn’t sure if that was going to work, I use firefox myself but didn’t have an issue. Could be because I’m logged in though, let me check if there is a public setting I need to check or something.

Meanwhile any other way of uploading?

EDIT -
I found it, now set to public/anyone can edit, try now.

2 Likes

Nope, I see an empty spreadsheet that has its column width adjusted as if it contains something but it doesn’t contain anything. So absolutely nothing changed…

2 Likes

I am actually able to see it. Im using google chrome.

So, if i understand correctly, you want to use the highlighted mods.
Honestly, since this should be a gt6 centered modpack, I would remove thermal expansion or any mod that include some kind of ore processing.

I dont know some of the mods but I think they are those related to mobs/Fighting that for me its ok to add even if this is not the main goal of the pack.

I would add growcraft and carpenterblocks for sure.

But instead of creating a new modpack, would it be ok using bear adventure pack? they did already a lot of work for it and i think it is great. We could always add few extra mod.

It already has most of the mods in your list by the way.

4 Likes

Gregtechcraft mods.zip (8.8 KB)
Weird, here is the document, zipped.

EDIT

@Corax I like to have the alternative RF power system available for those who use it. The pros/cons of thermal expansion equipment are fast processing vs not being able to process everything or receiving less by-product. As for using bears pack, if you want that it would be simpler to just join a server using it. This is more about what setup people would like rather than what modpack to use.

What ones are you unfamiliar with, I can give you a description of them if you want. If it’s mutantcreatures, that’s fun mostly for the complete havoc a mutant creeper can do, though I have the spawn chance set low for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

meh if you put TE people would start to use TE pipes, tanks, etc. it’s not just the ore processing.
I am not aware of bear pack servers except his own server unfortunally.

3 Likes

Shoot I’ve just considered that it’s in .xlsx format. @Gregorius can you open that on your OS?

@Corax true, but there’s no harm in that. My last game had an entire magic tier you could work with that had it’s own assortment of piping and tanks plus railcraft and buildcraft varities. You use what you feel most comfortable with. I happen to quite like itemducts and servos but for steam work I use Gregtech pipes for the sole reason that they work better then liquiducts.

EDIT-

Oh and I love me a redstone furnace, can’t do things like tungsten and steel but when you need a quick batch of iron you can just throw in the dust and watch them shoot out.

2 Likes

What do you think I use? MS Windows without having MS Office installed? XD
Libreoffice can open that shit just fine.

What is “TooMuchTime” or it’s “Chronos” repalcement?

2 Likes

haha ok fair enough, just trying to work out why your side wasn’t playing ball.

Time extension mods. I was sick of spending half a day waiting for a boiler to heat up XD. They slow down a day by either adding more ticks or I think Chronos slows the time between ticks. I’m sort of moving away from Toomuchtime because I think it was upsetting the sun/moon ratio of advancedrocketry.

2 Likes

meh i dont know. i think if you want to play gregtech you should use what greg give to you not using some other cheap mods where you can craft tons of pipes with 1 stack of iron.

3 Likes

So I enabled a bunch of MS Office and LibreOffice File extensions for people to be able to upload. I did not add the MS Office Macro ones though lol. Lets see if @OvermindDL1 has objections for security of those. XD

2 Likes

I mean I get what you mean @Corax I’ve said before that I look forward to the day when Gregtech does basically everything. Believe me there were a lot of mods that I got rid of ages ago thanks to Greg incorporating a version of what they do.
You’ll notice I haven’t included Mechanism or EnderIO even though they provide some pretty decent machines because they are unnecessary additions when you have Gregtech, also IC2 which used to be very much a part of Gregtech. I just felt people would have their own style of playing and it would be intresting to see the different setups people built.

If you would prefer I could have only Gregtech? I mean you can’t be more true to form than that. :joy:

EDIT

Yeah no macros too much trouble these days.

4 Likes

ahah nono just gt6 is too hardcore. The problem is that 99% of people like to take the easy way. So if there is a cheap alternative to gt items they would use those instead. A solution to this is to modify the recipes to use gt machine/components. Then it would be ok to add TE or other mods but it will require a lot of work to modify everything.

Then I’m ok for all other mods conserning other aspect of the gameplay (mobs, new dim, decorations, etc)

4 Likes

Well yeah, that’s kind of my point.

Gregtech has always been hardcore, that’s why people shied away from it in the early days. By utilizing other mods you give people who are afraid to try options. This doesn’t mean they won’t ever use Gregtech equipment, in fact if they actually want to get any of the high tier materials or even simple iron for that matter they’ll need to do some ore processing of their own.

I spent three months clambering in the dirt melting down iron I found and scrounging off the wizard next door for iron ingots. All the time I was ten feet away from pyrite, yellow limonite, hematite but I couldn’t process any of that in an RF furnace or pulverizer. I had to learn, to experiment and work out how to get that stuff. I blew up many crucibles back in the day. The resident mage learnt early to stay very much away when I was processing material.

I had said you just need to chuck in a stack of iron dust. Well you have to work for that iron dust first.

EDIT

I guess what i’m trying to say is I want to strike a balance between people who use Gregtech and those who know minecraft.

2 Likes

Oh i am glad this post got revived. I am willing to re open a GT6 server if people want to play, I just need to know who is in on it because I don’t want to host one and it just be me :stuck_out_tongue: I prefer GT6 over GT5 because you can kind of go your own way through the mod unlike GT5 where it felt very linear and there was only one way to go, but thats just me.

3 Likes

:joy: Sounds good @RaymondIII I might give it a go.

2 Likes