Is there a niter ore deposit?

Im thinking of starting to mine deposits with explosives, and need a lot of niter. Is there a niter deposit, and can it be found the usual way by the niter bearing rock? or am i stuck to small niter ores in nether?

1 Like

OH i found that niter DO spawn in deposits in DESERT!

1 Like

Saltpeter works too, basically any of the KNO3 or NaNO3 things work for this. ^^

And yep, Saltpeter Stuff is most commonly in the Desert especially with Railcraft installed.

Dynamite is better than Boomsticks for this by the way, while Boomsticks can be made more cheaply using normal Gunpowder from Creepers.

(yes i know Boomstick is technically the word for shotgun, but hey, a stick of gunpowder fits that description too!)

1 Like

I found saltpeter once! laughed at the name, looked that it didnt have any metals in it and threw away without making a waypoint…

1 Like

Hey Greg, since you are here… Do you have a degree in some kind of mineralogy? It wont stop fascinating me how the entire material science in your mod is an accurate depiction of real geological phenomena…

1 Like

I have the ability to look things up on Wikipedia, that is seriously all there is to it. no degrees, no jobs, just some person hanging out at home doing stuff for fun. ^^

2 Likes

Remember to check blocks blast resistances! It took some time to make boomsticks, they didnt work, i thought that dynamite would definitely work, took a looong time to make all that glyceryl, made it all into dynamite(rookie mistake) and it didn’t work! Then i looked up blast resistance and understood my stupidity.

1 Like

Ah yes Granite is a tough one. :wink: