Through struggle, we learn. After blowing up my boilers for the fourth time due to my lack of watching my distilled water, I knew I needed a better solution to my forgetful ways. Fortunately (and unfortunately because I still haven’t found an oil spring ), I found a Hot Spring under my base. This, with some monke brain thinking, got me going on how to solve my problems.
What you see before you are an arrangement of 8 dryers, 8 heat exchangers, hot spring water being pumped into the bottom of the exchangers, normal water being pumped into the dryers, normal water being pumped out of the heat exchangers to join the water being put into the dryers, and distilled water being pumped out of the dryers through the top. Use the tooltips to figure out where to put what pipes in what arrangement, I will say that the exchangers can accept inputs from any side, but they have a clearly marked output. Note that the water that comes out of the heat exchangers are not enough to power the dryers, you will need an additional water source.
For my 8 dryers, I’ve found a basic wood tank works fine. No need for anything too expensive.
I’ve found that one drain on an 8 dryer system is ever so slightly too little, I needed 2 and it over-compensates so I won’t be running out of hot spring water.
I’m not good on knowing the math behind how much goes in and out, but I get a decent steady flow of distilled water. Hope this inspires some of your bases if you’re ever having trouble making distilled water or like set-and-forget systems. Happy building!