How to work with axles and other mechanical machines?

I have a low RU/t generator(around 4). How to make 8 of them producing 32 RU/t? And what is the mechanics of RU transport related stuff&

2 Likes

well its kinda obvious how they supposedly work, axles transmit RU, Gearboxes split RU or route RU around a corner depending on how you set them up and Planetary Gearboxes turn an RU packets in 4 smaller RU packets, which are also easier to split by the normal Gearboxes.

2 Likes

Can I revive this thread a moment Greg, what is a planetary gearbox? I see custom gearboxes and transformer gearboxes, but I can’t get either to split RU 4 ways. I keep reading about planetary gearboxes, am I missing something?

2 Likes

They turn one “Packet” of RU into 4 smaller Packets of RU, so you can actually split them easier with the Custom Gearboxes later down the line. So basically Transformers.

2 Likes

Which block are they though. Do you mean the transformer gearboxes that convert 2:1 (1:2) ratio? I don’t think I’m using the right gearbox as they only seem to output on one side.

EDIT -
Ignore that, I read what you wrote again and modified my setup. I understand now, I thought the turbine was outputting a single RU value, now I understand that it’s a number of RU packets I am able to split via the transformer gearbox. Thanks Greg.

2 Likes