How to turn off Gas Burning boxes?

Not the classic way(by blocking air), i saw a guy on yt that had a button on the side of the burner that he clicked and it off’ed, but i tried every cover in the game and none f them
do the thing…
2023-12-28_00-26-49

2 Likes

Gas Burning Boxes do accept the ON/OFF cover and should accept you pressing the OFF button, so what exactly is the issue?

2 Likes

For some reason display cover wouldn’t work before(guess im just dumb). Is it the ON/OFF cover that you are talking about? I mean, it would be great if there was a way to turn it off without getting to electronic stuff, i just made my first arsenic bronze gas burner thinking it was simple like a valve or smthng… Thx for such a quick reply tho your creation is a breath of fresh air after ic2 :herb:

2 Likes

There is a Redstone based one, but the one you used at least has a button on it so i guess its easier to use. XD

I guess im a bit slow, but which one do you mean? I play og 1.7.10 gt6 and every functional cover is made from a curcuit…

1 Like

As I recall, it’s gas only burners and the circuit covers are required. They interact with redstone.

Alternatively you use a piston and a block in the front early game.

2 Likes

THX mister! Guess there no way to cheat the inconvenience(intensional! ) of burning boxes

1 Like