How To Change I/O Sides?

Here is what coagulator’s tooltip says:

Items OUT: Bottom (auto), Right
Fluids IN: Top (auto), Left

This kind of description hints that I/O sides can be switched, but I can’t find out how. If it can’t be done, then what does those right and left mean?

2 Likes

Auto could potentially mean automatic input and output, but I don’t know.

2 Likes

This means that the machine will automatically output items from the bottom,
but items can be pulled out by item pipes from the right,
and it will pull fluids from tanks above, but they can be pumped in the left.
This cannot be changed (on any GT6 machine).

2 Likes

Well, covers can override ‘auto’ functionality.

1 Like

No they cant actually, you need to whack the IO Side with some Tool I dont quite remember right now. Probably a screwy drivery Tool.

1 Like

I thought covers ‘blocked’ existing functionality on a side? Or was that gt5?

1 Like

That was very GT5 indeed. GT6 just has better controls over what happens instead, such as but not limited to Pipes actually not fucking autoconnecting to Machines!

2 Likes

Monkey wrench probably

2 Likes

I think covers blocking still happen in some cases. The one I can remember is I tried to put a redstone controller cover on the igniting side of an igniter and that caused it to stop emitting ignitions.

2 Likes

No, Covers do NOT block things, they do the exact thing they are supposed to do and nothing else. What you might have forgotten in your Setup is that the Controller Cover takes control of the Igniter like it should, and that you need to send a Redstone signal into that specific Cover in order for it to actually do its work.

1 Like

I just tested and can confirm that I was wrong. I thought I accounted for that but I guess I didn’t.

2 Likes

I somewhat remember weird things happening when I attached two identical covers to a single machine. Not sure which one actually worked. They were redstone-control related.

I hope I’m not confusing this with an issue of attaching “Automatic Machine Switch” covers - 1 to polarizer and 1 to electromagnetic separator. One Machine is above electromagnet, one is below. Doesn’t really work.

2 Likes

Yes having multiple Control Covers on one thing will cause Issues because one of the Covers overrides the decisions of the Other Cover.

1 Like

I have to say, that’s why Gregtech6 Pipesystem looks like spagetti : you can only change the derection of machine.

2 Likes

Yeah in my original design you are supposed to find yourself a good way to reduce spaghetti, but in reality people are lazy and just have their spaghetti.

1 Like

Spaghetti is tasty though!

3 Likes

Spaghetti walls O_O

2 Likes