How do I turn on the Reactor?

I tried to experiment with the GT6 Reactor cores yesterday. The problem is I don’t know how to start them. I have coolants occupied in the Reactors. I also tried to use Redstone signal, but it doesn’t start working*(I measured it with Geiger Counter but the results are: 0n, 0n, 0n, 0n)

3 Likes

It turns itself off as soon as you insert a rod as far as I remember. Maybe use an ON/OFF Cover to turn it on again. Or a Soft Hammer if I allow that. XD (dont know if soft hammer is allowed for it but it would make sense)

2 Likes

Sorry, you mean it turns it self on as soon as I insert a rod?

3 Likes

no it turns itself OFF when you insert a Rod. Safety.

2 Likes

OK. So it only turns on again when I use an on/off cover or soft hammer? I’ll try it out. Thanks

3 Likes

I still have a problem. After I turned on the reactor and let it operate for few minutes, it stoped outputting hot coolant from the designated face. There are still a lot of cold coolant in the reactor.

3 Likes

Can whichever side it outputs actually emit the coolant to its Target or did you block it?

2 Likes

I think a thing that is rather confusing about the reactor is, it being turned off when inserting rods into it without any coolant being in it and it being turned on when inserting rods into it when there is coolant in it.
I’d rather have it always turned off by default, no matter what, encouraging setting up redstone control.
Maybe also switching the default state with a soft hammer should be possible, so that using panels isn’t strictly required.

3 Likes

I’m gonna change it to always turn it OFF then. Also it never turns it ON, it just leaves it ON. XD

Also noticed that the Soft Hammer doesn’t work on it, so I fixed that too.

4 Likes

Well, I did not block it, I connected it to the heat exchanger. What’s strange is that it works well at the beginning, but stops outputting after a while.

3 Likes

Is the Heat Exchangers Fluid Output full?

2 Likes

I am not sure, but I think it is.

3 Likes

Congratulations, maaaaaaybe you should drain it. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes