How do filters work?

Nei shows two types: blocky one and cover-like. I made the cover filter but have no idea how to interact with it, i can toggle black/whitelist modes but how to tell it what fluid/item to filter?

1 Like

Oh shiii, i have to rightclick with fluid or item!
But its the small one.
Please tell me whats up with the big filter, does it work like extenders?

1 Like

The bigger filter is a bit more modular and can filter a ton of stuff, and you can move the input and output around. Remember that there’s a separate filter for fluids and solids, as well as a duo one.

2 Likes

Thanx! :^) So if im correct i can make it filter out multiple different items/fluids for ex. from a nonuple item pipe into one quadruple, yes?

Whereas if it was made on filter covers i would have to filter different items 1 by 1?

1 Like

Yep you can do all those things, just remember how extenders work and that the primary (wrench) facing is usually the one where you want the destination to be.

Edit: And the secondary Facing is if you want the fluids to flow backwards to the nonuple in your case.

1 Like

I have a guidebook on extenders and filters but its a little Hard to understand, i guess i need to experiment with them a bit and the reread it)

Btw Greg! Theres a book on nuclear reactor, and the company name is apeture… Is it a reference to valves aperture? Cause when i read the introduction it sounded like Cave Johnson for some reason

1 Like

@Erik3003 wrote that one afaik.

1 Like

I’m sure any resemblance between Apature Atomics and Aperture Science is pure coincidence, two totally legally distinct entities. Though it is true, that the recording of the message was voiced a Mr. Johnson.

3 Likes

xD i knew it! Thank you for the clearing

1 Like