How can I distribute electricity precisely?

I have IV current of 24A, then I want 6A of them to supply something vital and the others transfrom into LU. I tried battery boxes but it was unstable. Yes the transimission priority changed every time I came into game. I want to know about how electricity flows in GT6.

3 Likes

It always flows the same way in the same order, so I don’t exactly know what happened there. Especially it shouldn’t change every time you log back in, it should only ever change once if ever.

3 Likes

I think the idea here is to have one target as “first-come first-serve”, meaning that 6A target would always be fully supplied before other 18A target (IV → LU transformation) are given energy.

Manually this could be done by setting up a Insane Voltage (IV) battery box filled with batteries and and “Energy sensor” cover into it. Running a redstone signal from that cover into “Cover controller” that opens up a “Shutter cover” (connected to same power cable) only if redstone signal is applied could work. This way 6A target (battery box) would always be filled to desired level before any energy would be given to 18A transformation.

3 Likes

Yeah but the order of distribution is based on the thing that is closest to the… (looks at code) oh fuck it has the recursive direction Issue…

Gah, fixing that one will require iterating over Cables BEFORE transmitting, which I wanted to avoid…

2 Likes

Can shutter cover work with cables? I didn’t test that but I know it doesn’t work with RedAlloy cables. Maybe Redstone Switch covers can do it.

3 Likes

So now I know the only way to solve this problem is just try again and again because there’s only one order in one cable design. Actually my situation is much more complicated than I described. There are one 5A target and another EV-IV transformer, also 9 IV laser. And I don’t want the 5A target and the transformer consuming too much than they actually need because what they produce exceed the demand. Yes I want them working dynamically with current at average of 5.5A and Lasers consuming another 19.5A so it will be a Optimization. I will try to adjust their relative position and make it done.

3 Likes

Shutter works with Red Alloy Cables just fine, why would it not? You are using a Cover Controller Cover in order to designate an Input Side for Redstone Signals, right?

2 Likes

I misremember it sorry. What I tested was if the controller cover could control the Redstone Torch or Redstone Reapter cover on the RedAlloy cable. I haven’t tested shutters.

3 Likes

Seems like it has to be iterated anyway so does it add any extra cost? Or were you thinking about just going down the cable one at a time and dumping power into each thing until out of amps or ran out of machines to dump in to (then do it again until out of amps)?

2 Likes