HBM has some compatibility problems with items that should be fluid

As for explosive mining, I saw a method from an anchor on BiliBili: first dig down the ore with an silktouch pickaxe (I was lucky to find a knightmetal pickaxe with silktouch in the twilight forest), and then put it at home into a 3x3x3 cube with dynamite in the middle, Then ignite the dynamite and quickly plug the remaining gap with an ore (if you have an remote activator, you can bind the dynamite directly without reserving a gap for ignition), and get more raw ore after explosion.

As for nitrate, yes, because Steve can’t go to the toilet, nitrate can only be obtained through minerals. In reality, for a long time, explosives were obtained from mineral saltpeter (and even saltpeter war broke out). As for the industrial nitrogen fixation method, the arc method added by GT has been used for a short time in reality, but as in the game, its disadvantage is that it consumes too much energy. So that when ammonia synthesis technology was widely used, it was quickly replaced by ammonia catalytic oxidation. Although ammonia synthesis requires higher pressure and temperature, in fact, in general, the energy consumption per unit of nitric acid production is only 1/8 of that of the arc method, so it quickly replaces the arc method (incidentally, because the ammonia catalytic oxidation reaction will release a lot of heat, in order to prevent the temperature from being too high, the reactor for ammonia catalytic oxidation is a special thin bed reactor, Instead of the stirred tank reactor or fixed bed reactor in the game).

2 Likes

additionally, HBM’s natural Uranium is counted as both U238 and GT6’s Uraninite in the oredict, which causes some minor weirdness. IIRC some materials which were present in both NTM and GT6 were explosive in one and not in the other. (at least, im pretty sure GT6 has explosive material mechanics)

2 Likes

All Uranium Ores count as Uraninite to GT6 for balance reasons. That is why there is multiple OreDict Entries.

1 Like

Ofcourse I look at it when the Weed Version is the most recent.

@TheBobcat any reason for Sulfuric Acid to not be assigned to your own Sulfuric Acid Bucket? Sure you can pick up the Blocks with the Bucket, but the Forge Fluid is not assigned to the Bucket Container, so you cant put it anywhere, and even your Bedrock melting Acid can be put in Tanks!

2 Likes

Oops looks like I missed a line.

2 Likes

Also, did you know Weed (aka Hemp) can be used to make Ropes and such? That is actually it’s primary use, lol.

2 Likes

The name is just a one-off joke, I did plan on renaming it to hemp and having it be used for things like ropes or textile. Because as of now, most recipes that need a rope-like item still use strings (or rather, spider web :P).

2 Likes

I just want to say, does GT have any industrialized production string method? Except sheep and spiders? I need a lot of wires to make the lead of dynamite. Maybe you can add grass or cane to get plant fiber?

GT5U’s polycaprolactam is a failure design. (what is naphtha + nitre? WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?)

2 Likes

There is a Crop or two for it. Other than that, Spider Spawners are quite common.

1 Like

Hey are you doing anything with Creative Tabs during Minecrafts Startup Phases? I noticed that something erased NBT from some of my Items in the Tabs after updating to the Weed Version, and I have no fucking Idea if it happened long before that without me noticing or if the update caused it.

1 Like

I don’t remember messing with any existing creative tabs, only my own and even that was later replaced with a simpler way using getSubItems (iirc it was adding both empty and full battery versions to a tab). There is another thing that the mod did for the april fools update where it would iterate over every registered item, block and ore dict key to generate an ore for, but that is now disabled by default and the function doesn’t even get called.

2 Likes

So I looked at things again, I finally found an Asbestos Cave so those clearly generate, I did see the Sulfur Caves too earlier, and Rubber seems to work just fine between Mods.

And as I have mentioned on a GitHub Comment, the Bone to Slime Recipes should not be in the Furnace due to way too many Mods smelting vanilla Items in it into their random Items, which leads to Recipe conflicts.

As for the Creative Tab thing, I was just curious because SOMETHING messed up something, because I made a mistake, which was ending up letting some other Mod just remove NBT from Stuff. But I fixed that on my end by only putting copies of those Stacks into the Creative Tab List.

Anyways, this particular Topic can be marked as solved, because I did pretty much everything that was mentioned here. ^^

2 Likes

i hate to necro this thread but with both GT6 and NTM, U238 can be turned back into NU billets after going through a gas centrifuge, causing a loop where you can just infinitely refine U238 into U235 and MORE U238. it’s not very profitable, and it takes a long time to actually get the loop going, but it’s there.

2 Likes