Guess who accidentally set their very wooden storeroom on fire?

It was me, I set them on fire on accident. Looks like I have a new project.

Edit: I need my own tag, “Sparrow fucked up again”

8 Likes

now use lead mass storage instead of wooden barrels

Always be careful of the fire!

3 Likes

Oh no, what did you lose in that fire? This shall serve as a lesson to use non wood storage if you can.

4 Likes

Instead of learning from your mistakes and using storage blocks made from metal, you could do what I always do and cheese the entire process and not learn a thing.

Blocks don’t burn unless they’re directly exposed to air blocks (unless barrels have special behavior that I’m unaware of), you could use small non-flammable blocks like pebbles or metal fences (i believe GT has ones that would work nicely for this) to cover up the exposed bits of your barrels. If all else fails, have a waterfall in front of the barrels, it’s both safe and aesthetic!

4 Likes

Yeah the no Air Block trick can work, but good luck letting it look good when being one block or more above the Floor :wink:

3 Likes

I like using silver mass storages. Bromargyrite ore is quite good at becoming silver even at earlygame, it’s chromite byproduct later can be used for iron and chromium, andesite (where bromargyrite generates) looks nice as floors and ceilings. I currently have small invar tank, full of bromine from electrolysing bromargyrite. I’m not sure how much of it will I need for Nuclear Tech mod…

5 Likes

Bromine is only used in NITAN blend which only really becomes relevant once you have a particle accelerator. You could use it for superfuel too but that stuff isn’t really that viable right now.

4 Likes

Does anybody explain how this mass storage system works? Just a lot of pipes with crates and how does item understand where they shoud go? Perhaps some videos from Bear where it’s being showed?

4 Likes

Items from my shredder/roaster/whatever enter the system and will try to find the shortest distance to a destination (distance measured by stepsize). If there is a mass storage barrel with the corresponding resource already there, it will plop it in with the rest there. If not, it will go to either an empty one or a chest I have in the system.

3 Likes

To add insult to injury, I also lost my donkey Jorge to a lightning strike shortly before this.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. That looks like a horrible loss.

What was the source of the fire? Burning box thru a wall?

4 Likes

A lighter in my hand and me being high from the medical marijuana I use for pain lol

Edit: Don’t do drugs kids

7 Likes

Nature is healing :blush:

8 Likes

Nothing more natural than Metal Boxes filled with Dust. XD

7 Likes

Pretty natural for the average Gregtech ecosystem :wink:

5 Likes

What’s the top left lime green non-GT dust?

2 Likes

Looks like a HBM Dust, probably Uranium, maybe. Or Fluorite?

2 Likes

Nope, too green, although the powder base texture looks similar.

2 Likes

While I did steal some Mod Textures for things, I am pretty sure i did not steal yours. XD

But what Dust is it then?

2 Likes

Aren’t GT billets identical to NTM ones? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes