GT6 Modpack Released!

Vanilla GT6 pack with performance and quality of life mods ONLY.

Zip file link (extract and put contents into .minecraft folder):

5 Likes

Curseforge took down my zip because it didn’t have a manifest.json? Wtf is that can anyone explain?

2 Likes

No clue what that is and I avoid curseforge like the plague, horrible horrible place.

Personally I say it’s best just to give out a MultiMC export.

ATLauncher is a good setup to make packs for, and if you need a hosting area for it then I can always do that. ^.^

3 Likes

Well i just like the idea of having a webpage with all my mc projects stored there and people can comment on it, report bugs have access for easy downloads.

2 Likes

Weeellll, this forum is a webpage, and you can host files here or links to them, and it includes counters on how often it’s clicked, and people can comment and report issues, and you get emails on updates to your posts… ^.^

Or Github or so, lol.

2 Likes

That is true…
But curseforge is so popular and people might actually find your modpacks there. This forum is for a niche gregtech community. That is why i posted my pack both here and there.

2 Likes

Left*-clicked, Middle-clicked does NOT count. I never tried Right-clicking.

And Curseforge indeed has arbitrary restrictions on how your zip/jar is supposed to look like on the inside, and it RANDOMLY applies those Rules, meaning there is indeed Mods that are zipfile in jarfile in zipfile for example, which so definitely violates the Rules, but nobody fucking cares…

2 Likes

Ok, i uploaded the proper zip file for curseforge. It should work after mods approve it.
edit: NEVERMIND curseforge keeps rejecting the modpack! They can eat shit!

2 Likes

Yeah middle click does not work R.I.P.
I always use middle click…

3 Likes

Oh right I forgot to mention, the Moderators over at Curseforge have a random chance of rejecting ANYTHING that contains GregTech. :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t it a lovely Website to put things on?

2 Likes

You must be on their bad boys list.

2 Likes

My personal theory is that the moderators in charge of approving files have long been replaced with a room full of chimpanzees with typewriters. That might explain the seemingly random differences in the time it takes to approve a file, or when they get rejected for seemingly no reason.

3 Likes

Correct, it’s specifically to allow people to do things without being recorded. That can be changed however if you really wanted, lol.

Yeah, CF is so bad…

More actually because gregtech isn’t on curseforge at all, they only want to host packs that contain mods that they themselves host. Gotta love those jail ecosystems.

3 Likes

That’s also the manifest.json issue, it’s the format used specifically by the Twitch (:face_vomiting:) launcher.

Coincidentally, I’m in the middle of hand-editting that very file to publish the next version of my pack.

There is a specifically allowed list of packagable mods for Curse to accept distribution, and it did have Gregtech:Any on it last time I read it (late 2018).

If it wasn’t for some mods’ liscences requiring the pack itself to be on CurseForge (rather than the quite reasonable non-distribution ‘fetch my mod on demand from CurseForge’ clause) I’d totally agree with local posting for our niche interest.

3 Likes

Use a script to acquire ‘those’ mods instead? Or just leave them out due to crappy crappy authors? ^.^

2 Likes

Tidied up the pack and updated every mod to the latest version. Download and play if you can’t be assed to get all the necessary mods yourself. Feel free to add your favourite mods in there as well, this is a pack made for enhancing the 1.7.10 GT6 experience (fixing glitches, bugs and adding QoL tweaks).

2 Likes