GT6 Bookshelves filled with Written Books don't increase the enchanting level of nearby Enchanting Tables

One of the mods I have in my pack is FatherToast’s Lost Books. Occasionally, when a mob is killed it will drop a written book (minecraft:written_book) which usually contains a short story or procedurally generated text. If you choose to collect these books, after a while you wind up with a lot of them, and since they don’t stack they can take up a lot of space in your chests.

I remembered reading a while back that you can use GT6 bookshelves to increase the level of an enchanting table if you fill them with books, so I figured this would be a pretty good solution both for storing the books and making the enchanting table more powerful. But I noticed that the enchanting level wasn’t going up, even though the bookshelves were full of books on both sides. Then I tried replacing the written books with normal empty Books, that raised the level of the enchanting table as expected.

I wasn’t sure if this was a bug or intended behavior but I figured I’d make a post about it just to clarify either way.

2 Likes

I noticed that even with GT6 books. Or were they witchery books…?

3 Likes

Yeah I should allow written and writable Books for this too, and GT Books, and the two Thaumcraft Books should count as Enchanted Books.

2 Likes

Maybe even as a bit more? Ars books too?

2 Likes

You also have Myscraft Age books and the antique atlas, dare say there are a few others too.

3 Likes