GT6 and Trinium Material

Hello,

We have been playing in a small server and managed to advance up to nuclear power. We managed to make 12 000hu/t → 24 000 steam/t → 8000 ru/t → 6000eu/t setup with first-tier setup (9 reactor 4x cores, tungstensteel boiler, magnalium steam turbine, stainless steel dynamo).

We want to use larger steam turbine soon, and this would mean Trinitanium steam turbine (requires 72 trinitanium units, alloy of Titanium and Trinium).

How can you make Trinium? I cannot find any recipe that produces this metal, and no by-products from other materials either.

Gregtech version: 6.14.03

2 Likes

It is possible to find its coins in the GT dungeon, although the chances are very low.

2 Likes

That and the End has it as an Ore for Trinium in recent Versions.

1 Like

Why did I create several saves in the latest version, and there was no one trinium at the end? And naquadah doesn’t too?

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? Those are small Ores after all, if you dont happen to stumble over a GT5 Style Vein of it

1 Like

Yeah, I can also confirm that trinium and naquadah and other end ores do spawn in the end by default in version 14.10.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a lot of heat. Is that a supercritical reactor? I’m working on building my own right now with 9 blocks ( 5 only 1x though just to hold moderator rods ) and using 8 cobalt-60 fuel rods. I calculate it will produce 1600 heat/t and I’m going to use that to run a multiblock methane fermeter to fuel the gas turbine and drive the dynamo at full 6144 eu/t.

If you still need more power than that, why not just make a second stainless turbine/dynamo instead of going to the trinitanium one?

2 Likes

Reactor was actually planned by my friend, using nuclear simulator program. I am still trying to find English translation for it. Only uses Neutron absorber rods and Uranium-235 rods. This setup is likely to kill everything living withing 50 blocks (escaping radiation from the corners), but luckily we build this thing on a Zeppelin high up in the air.

One of the reasons for this setup is a bug/feature in our installation. Every time you exit the chunk where the reactor-setup is running, some machines start to behave erratically. For example, large heat exchanger that accepts the 12 000 hu/t in industrial heatant -from reactor starts to accept 16k heatant, then 8k, then 16k, 12k … and so on. I checked the situation with Magnifying glass, clicking from the bordering chunk. It feels like ticks are combined in non-main chunk, causing fluids to move in “bursts”.

Problem with this is that if all machines sometimes run at their “maximum power level”, all following machines must handle the input. 32k steam/t from Tungstensteel boiler is too much for 24k steam/t Magnalium turbine, and it makes a lot of error noises from overloading. Again, this only happens if the nuclear setup is running and you are not in the main chunk (then it runs smoothly, producing stable ~6000eu/t).

I’ll do some testing after we get the Gregtech version updated. Our coal gas refining line + Gas turbine can handle the EU production for a little bit longer.

2 Likes

Why absorber rods instead of reflectors? Those give you more efficiency. Also what kind of coolant? There’s a decent cluster of rods in the middle but those diagonal 3 in the top right and bottom left aren’t next to another fuel rod or reflector so their efficiency is quite low.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Sweet, nice. I haven’t gotten around nuclear yet but I had already seen that the old simulator had bitten the dust for some reason.

2 Likes

Hah, that’s cool, wonder if it’s fully up to date considering 8 months old…

Kind of sounds like a block tick ordering issue…

Ooo an english version! Lol.

1 Like