GT6 and shaders (because I can)

I think the title of the topic speaks for itself, so I will add quite a bit (or even a lot). I’ve tried some shaderpacks with latest optifine, and I’ve found two issues (only one with gt though). It is about gregtech:gt.block.ocean and BuildCraft|Energy:blockOil, this blocks are rendering vanilla-style. So, I’ve fixed it, here are changed versions: RRe36_s_Shaders_v7_High_19_GT_SEA_WATER and Continuum-2.0.2_GT_SEA_WATER (extract to shaderpacks folder). Note, that RRe36 uses numeric blockID for detecting blocks by default, and I didn’t changed it for now, so you need to edit shaders/gbuffers_water.vsh (lines 118 and 132, replace blockID to correct one).

Some screenshots:

RRe36

Continuum

There are some issues right now, that I might fix (or not, if I will be too lazy). For example, line of nothing between sea water and river water (in continuum pack), oil is not black enough (this one might be tricky due to me being not good at all of this stuff). I hope, someone would find this useful)

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that line between river and ocean without any shaders, almost like the two tiles are different heights. I meant to bring it up a while ago.

2 Likes

I have fixed this line in RRe36, atleast. The difference in height is 0.015 in this formula

float wave = (waveStrength + (rainStrength*0.125)) * sin(3 * PI * (frameTimeCounter*0.75 + worldpos.x /  7.0 + worldpos.z / 13.0)) 
+ waveStrength * sin(2 * PI * (frameTimeCounter*0.6 + worldpos.x / 11.0 + worldpos.z /  5.0)) + 0.015;
3 Likes

Yeah I hate that line too, Forge messed that up with its Fluid System, none of the Modded Fluids have the same height as Water.

2 Likes

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but if i may ask - is there a way to use files from those shaders to modify some other shader packs? Like, copying specifically those water shaders and replacing water shaders in other packs?
To compensate this revival i’ll add that some water sources (ig river water or something) do not shade at all, transparent waves at most. And every different type of liquid shades differently, making one appear more bright and transparent then others.

2 Likes

what exactly do you want to do actually?

1 Like

I want to transfer only water shaders onto another shaderpack (sildurs vibrant shaders to be exact). Is there any way to just basically copy and paste it without glitching out shaders (I’ve tried literally just copy pasting whater shader files from one of those shaders here to my sildurs pack, and it glitched out), or do I need to somehow rewrite part of/whole code?

2 Likes

I dont know if @resursator is gonna reply, but i would guess you would at least need to rewrite a tiny part of the shader to apply to gt6 water types.

2 Likes

As I though. Well, thanks anyway.

2 Likes