Gregtech wood planks and Wood Stuff

Hello everyone. I found an interesting mod on one of the forums - Wood Stuff. The essence of the modification is to make it possible to create vanilla objects from various types of wood (chests, workbenches, bookshelves). The description of the mod says that the user himself can add tree blocks from the modification to the configuration file so that they are used when crafting. I tried to add ordinary wood planks from gregtech and I didn’t succeed. What could be the reason? I attach the original and modified configuration file to the message. Perhaps wood planks uses Tile Entity rather than metadata?
woodstuff.cfg (824 Bytes)
woodstuff_mod.cfg (2.2 KB)

3 Likes

Hrrm can you add ANY other blocks from any other mod to the planks list to see if the config actually works at all whatsoever?

I have sadly no idea how this Mod works internally, so I would suggest asking the dev of that Mod how the Config works or if there is an error with how you wrote the entries.

You could try adding commas at the end of the lines and see if you are just missing those. Or Semicolons.

2 Likes

I need to check it out

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this mod is dead. The author of the mod left instructions in the configuration file, but I can’t be sure that I did everything right.

Can you please see if I specified the blockName and metadata of the block correctly? It is possible that this is the error.

2 Likes

try adding a comma to the end of each line, you need to probably separate it with a comma. If that does not work try a semicolon.

2 Likes

It didn’t help. I tried all the combinations. My configuration file accepts the extension .error at startup and a new configuration file is created.

I found old requests from mod users on github. The blocks are added the same way as mine initially without commas/semicolons. The author of the mod did not point out the error. But there pops up a problem with the mod’s blockName, because a colon was used in it. The author corrected this. Maybe the configuration file doesn’t accept blockname gregtech because it uses dots?

I also found an interesting problem with Forestry, since they used TileEntities instead of metadata for wood planks. This problem was solved on the side of the author of the Forestry mod.

2 Likes

But that cant be, because there was no colon in there at all??? What the heck is wrong with the replies in those bug reports?!

Just to be clear “Mod ID then Colon then Block Name” is normal, even the example says as such, the dendrology example has no other colons in there though so what is that about…

2 Likes

Attempt with one block first, then you’re know if the colon is doing it or not. If it doesn’t work for one only there will be another issue.
Might also be because GT uses strange metadata values.

3 Likes

My Wooden Plank Blocks are actually quite normal, which is why i dont get why it does not work.

3 Likes

I apologize for the late response. Regarding the colon, I was also very surprised and did not understand the author. I tried adding one gregtech block, but nothing worked. I also tried adding wooden blocks from extra trees and nothing worked (there may be a problem with TileEntities, but I’m not sure). Is there any way to solve the problem with the gregtech blocks on your side?
By the way, it’s a good idea to add support for gregtech wooden blocks in bibliocraft. From a design point of view, it would be chic, given the beautiful color of your wooden blocks)

2 Likes

Yeah the Wood Stuff Mod might be messed up in general, not allowing anything to be added. There is no TileEntities involved in this so that wont be the Issue.

2 Likes