Gregtech-6 Advanced Visual Ore Scanner [GT6 Addon]

Oh thank you then my additional question is if I download mod like gt6’s chicken core and GTNH fork’s chicken core etc, I’m worried if there will be a conflict between chicken cores…

1 Like

gt6 dosent have a chicken core? and no it wont conflict you have to remove the old chicken core version and only use the gtnh’s new one! Good Luck!

1 Like

Version 1.6.0

• Capibility to create waypoints for Journeymap (still not fully tested) nvm it dosent work
  • several tiers from MV up to IV, starting from 3x3 radius scan up to 13x13 radius scan
  • crafting recipes
  • config options for Energy Type or to desable/enable energy usage
  • new textures (stole them off scannable mod :stuck_out_tongue: i’ll put this on credit)
    Release 1.6.0 · bioastroiner/gt6scan · GitHub
    bugs are imminent since testing constantly is so cumbersome
2 Likes

Hey! First of all thanks a lot for the mod! It’s really mind blowing, I even added a small patch to export data to the CSV so I can draw maps on top of journeymap with ore selector. I have a small suggestion, maybe increase range? Now even the most difficult one to build is only 11 by 11 chunks. And a most earliest one is 3 by 3. Maybe do some exponential progress? Like the first one is 9x9(which is not much if you target a specific ore), 20x20 and the last one 50x50? Or maybe some long range scanner block that will slowly gather clauster info on USB stick(yay, one more usage of it). What do you think? Do you feel the current version is strong enough? Also if you will add a “CONTRIBUTING” file, I may be able to try to contribute in this beautiful mod!

1 Like

There is not that many chunks in your maximum render distance, and trust me you will lag to death with a too big range. :wink:

Works well with a patched version with 22 chunk radius(if we don’t count 3 seconds lag, but I can live with it). But the thing that this is required to be in the render distance is quite sad. I am trying to find a solution for “where is a next copper ore vein” problem. I had a prospector mode, but my lack is awful in the early game.
Overall I am trying to do a modpack where you can earn “scan points” and spend them to get directions to the next vein. For example if you really want to have anthracite coal so you can find it. But I am out of luck to find ores outside render distance. Maybe I need to passively gather info surrounding player.

1 Like

It might be possible to scan the area by generating fake core samples using my worldgen code.

1 Like